Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gran Torino

Quote Originally Posted by jhope View Post
    get off my lawn...............lol. the movie was not racist. it was about a racist war vet that was reluctantly befriended by the next door family from S.E. Asia that became more family to him then his own. the movie revieled where his anger and hate came from forcing him to deal with it as well as his illness. then do what he could to protect his new found family. i loved it
    Agreed, this was a great film. "I fix things, that's what I do!"
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

gooks zipper heads!!! spookes spades jigaboos
    really racist movie
    but good, hopefully obama will see it and cry himself to sleep

I was disappointed - as a producer/director, Eastwood usually does a more workman-like job. The dialog was incredible stilted, the acting was mediocre, the plot and characterization were not believable. It was a very manipulative film with some great punch lines, but that's about it.

It's the best movie I've seen so far this year.

I loved this movie. Only Clint E could get away with this character. It reminds me of his character in Heartbreak Ridge. Old Crusty Bastard! LOL

Loved the movie. I am such a Clint fan, all they have to do is point the camera at him and I am happy. It was a good twist for me that when he did go to confession, it wasn't some horrendous war crime that he needed absolution from but rather his failed relationship with his sons, that caught me off guard and gave Clint an added human element to his complex character. His evolving compassion for the neighbors was well done and the message is one of unity , not any racism.

I thought the next door daughter acted well too.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Saw this new Clint Eastwood (director and lead actor) film last night as a sneak. If you are an Eastwood fan, you should love this film. Rumor has it that this is his last film as an actor (at age 78). (KLD)
    If you saw his introduction of Morgan Freeman at the Kennedy Center Honors it's not a rumor. He was reading his few lines off a card and stumbled over most of it. He does have something lined up in Africa but I doubt it will happen.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

He plans to continue directing and producing, but not acting. He is not planning to act in his new film about Nelson Mandela (with Morgan Freeman in the title role).

(KLD)