Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D-Mannose for bladder infections?

Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    These days more urologists who are experienced with neurogenic bladder are using Gentamicin antibiotic instillations into the bladder.
    This is actually a very old procedure for prevention of UTI (again, not for treatment of the UTI). I was using this when I first started working in SCI care in the mid-1970s. It is used nearly exclusively for those doing intermittent catheterization, and really has little or no benefit for those using indwelling catheters.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Yes i am resistant to quite a few Antibiotic's cipro, Bactrim , and a few other's do nothing for me. I was on Amoxicillin last and my urine looked and smelled clean. Went off and few days back to smell and not as clear. So i will have my urine tested Soon as possible

Likely you have developed such resistance due to overtreatment as above. Colonization (which may include cloudiness and odor) should rarely be treated. Have you been evaluated for potential sources of bacteria inside your urinary tract such as stones or prostatitis? How often do you have true UTIs? What is your bladder management method?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

No i haven't but i'm going to get checked to make sure.