Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: pain and your attitude

You know....I can't help but wonder what it would feel like to not have pain, even if it's only for a couple of hours. How awesome would that feel? I have truly forgotten what it feels like to not hurt. It's been 20 years, and to have just 1 day with no pain. Oh well, whatta you do? That's life!
    Live Every Day Like It's Your Last!

C3-C4 and T12-L1 since July 1988

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    You know....I can't help but wonder what it would feel like to not have pain, even if it's only for a couple of hours. How awesome would that feel? I have truly forgotten what it feels like to not hurt. It's been 20 years, and to have just 1 day with no pain. Oh well, whatta you do? That's life!
    You're not alone. I know of people with all-over central pain who have no normal touch sensation anywhere on their body and literally can't remember what it feels like.

With the risk of sounding selfish, I'm glad I'm not alone. It's a very difficult thing to deal with, and most people don't understand it. That's probably the most frustrating thing of all.
    Live Every Day Like It's Your Last!

C3-C4 and T12-L1 since July 1988

I could have written that, I so agree with you and feel the same way...
    jon

Depending on where it's at and what kind oxycodone, ultram [new to me], lidoderm or capsacian patches. And distraction like playing with my dog or calling a friend or going outside if it's nice. Bitching about it doesn't make it go away and when you concentrate on it I think your brain kind of hardwires it in place after awhile.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I am wondering why the doctor are so afraid of trying Clonazepam. It is difficult to get it here too. I have seen here that only Kathy49 and Danine is using it.

I have tried Neurontin and I hated the way it made me feel and Clonazepam was really saving me from the pain. It is an anti epileptic medication like Neurontin and Lyrica and one of the side effects is it is making your mood stable. It is often used in psychiatric patient for that reason. I see many people here are taking antidepressents so what's the difference. I have taken antidepressent too and it did not help a bit.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Clonazepam
    Every time I take that stuff I go straight to sleep. Or I call people I didn't mean to and then go to sleep.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I have taken it for 8 years and I don't even get drowsy from 4 mg.

LOL, but I gave it to my daughter one time she was really upset, half 0.5mg, and she got hallucinations. She was 15 and the same weight like me so I did not expect that reaction. At least it calm her down, she was so crazy because she had got pinworm and it was in the middle of the night and no farmacy was open.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I hear ya JerseyGirl I too forget what it feels like to not be in pain. I like to describe my numbness, neuro pain like this. It feels like I am wrapped in very tight ace bandages that are sealed in wax and my body has fallen asleep but it is wearing off, likes pins n needles but throbes at the same time. I also have no normal touch sensation anywhere except my face. I sometimes think I'd rather the pain than the numbness, it makes life quite miserable to not be able to feel.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago View Post
    pain and your attitude.
    what do you do when your pain level is at a high level?
    cry?
    curse?
    laugh?
    unconcerened?
    Adi I sometimes do all the above but especially curse. I cuss like a drunken sailor in a bar, I shock even me. When I am having a really bad day though I usually try to stay away from others, I am way too awful to be around so I will take a hot cup of tea, my medication cocktail and go to bed.