Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Quad friendly Wii games?

Blog Entries

EA Grand Slam Tennis excellent for Quads!

This is by far the best gaming experience I've had pre or post injury. I probably spend almost an hour a day (if I can) both playing in online tournaments (which I can compete fairly well with able bodies) and the computer Grande Slam mode where it tracks your career from one tournament to the other.

The only thing that I haven't figured out yet how to lob, drop shot, and come to net. Any suggestions there?

Let me know if you've tried it or vhave other games that are blowing your mind!
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

Blog Entries
    Looking for best winter sports wii game4 for a quad?

Also, has anyone tried the adapted controllers for quads?

Thx for your reviews
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

Any new games lately? I'm looking to pick up a couple I can play with my 6 year old daughter this Christmas.

I'm curious about those who can sit on the Wii Fit and play. I have a terrible time transferring on w/out "bumping" it, which makes it ask me to re-set the thing again, leading to many transfers on and off. Then there's the ischium grinding against the plastic of the Fit board as well...

I wish Nintendo would make a soft pad (like the DDR floor pad, but chair size). We could sit on a regular dining chair and practice our balance while still playing games. Listen up!

Love this thread I use wii sports on wet training but im finding games i can play hard i have cp

try active Hands gripping aids for holding the wii remote if you don't have good hand function.
    Rob Smith
    C5/6 incomplete SCI
    Founder of Active Hands gripping aids. Improving independence for people with weak hand function.

Wii training is in my program need to use the active hands gripping aid

Just Dance & Just Dance 2 don't require button pushing. you have to hold the remote up and move your arm. The characters dance around on the screen but you only have to move the remote. There's a dance party mode for continuous play and another mode for exercise tracking and a competition mode.

The there are several games one available in Wii Sports Resort that can be played just with the motion of the Wii remote. The one I like the best and can do relatively well is "Island Flyover". I can also do "Dogfight" with my daughters. We use a fat rubber band to hold down a nickel over the "A" button so that the shooting function is constantly on. I can also do "Skydiving". Skydiving only requires pushing the A button to initiate the game but actual gameplay is all purely motion of the Wii remote. It's also possible to play Wake Boarding just with remote motion.

I can sort of do the Mario Kart driving game except that you really need to push the buttons so you have braking and acceleration. I can manipulate the car but I definitely can't compete with able-bodied folks.

Any other games? What about things like Pac-Man? It would be great if that was purely controlled with the motion of the Wii remote.