Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quad friendly Wii games?

Quad friendly Wii games?

For Christmas this year our family decided not to get each other presents and instead we all chip in and buy the Nintendo Wii and I've been playing it all the time ever since. So far the only games I can play without having to continuously hit or hold down buttons is tennis and baseball so I was wondering before I go out and buy any more games what games everyone here has found that do not require you to press a button while you play?
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

With practice and some ingenuiety you can play golf, box and bowl..

I have Tiger Woods '08 and it's great! Just got Mario at the Olympics and I can do most, not all..

Always go to Blockbuster and rent before you buy.. just to make sure.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Search on here. There are a few threads.

Mario Baseball works!
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

we skiing by namco, my fine man. best wii game for quads ever.
    May the fetus you save be gay

Quote Originally Posted by JAYCUE View Post
    Search on here. There are a few threads.
    I can do that but I think a central location to find games would be better.

As far as bowling goes, how do you play it when you can press a button? I was thinking of designing something that we can put in our mouths that would plug right into the controller to press and release theB button underneath the controller. If anyone else here is good with electronics, let me know and maybe we can put something together.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post

As far as bowling goes, how do you play it when you can press a button?
    I'm at an advantage having had tendon transfer but I think if you take a partial Ace bandage, you can hold the controller like in pic 1...

In pic 2 use your left thumb to hold the B button and flick the controller upwards and then let go. With practice you can throw very hard or send it down the lane slowly.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

- Shaun White Roadtrip Snowboarding (only requires Wii remote; need to press A or B to do certain tricks but most moves can be done by moving remote; excellent game with lots to explore)

- Carnival Games (only requires Wii remote; some games require you to press A or B to shoot or launch but only one game requires constant pressure; most games can be played by moving remote; excellent game)

- Winter Olympics (requires Wii remote; some events require Wii remote and nunchuck; best events for quad hands are skiing, ski jumping and bobsledding; pressing buttons not necessary; excellent game and a good workout)

- Link's Crossbow (requires crossbow; shooting requires pressing trigger but with coordination this is easy)

Tip for golf: Tape down the A button. Doing so allows you to immediately "address the ball" without having to press and release. This works best playing with one person since playing with two requires you to press A to go to the next hole. The only downside is you can't take a practice swing.

my c-5/6 hubby sits on the wii fit thingy and "hula hoops" ---good for the trunk control!