Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neuropathic Pain

Neurontin is sedating, so I can only take enough to take the edge off. I also take Paxil and recently added Klonapine in the evening. I still have pain...I'm not sure anything can really stop it, but "taking the edge off" is better than experiencing it full force.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Quote Originally Posted by Danine View Post
    I'm not sure anything can really stop it, but "taking the edge off" is better than experiencing it full force.
    That's what most central pain patients seem to have to settle for.

Neoropathic Pain

Thanks much for all the info and suggestions for my pain. Currently not taking anything. The Magnetic Moleculer Energizer site is very interesting, but treatments are expensive.

The constant pain is nerve wracking. Mostly I try to work through it by being busy--Wood carving, computer, reading, etc. That helps tremendously. Unfortunately had to give up early evening martinia due to medication interference--a real bummer.

Scott Ish
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Quote Originally Posted by wazabiker View Post
    The Magnetic Moleculer Energizer site is very interesting, but treatments are expensive.
    You could do about 10 hours in one day or one night for about $500. The MME certainly can't do any harm and to alleviate pain without getting addicted to prescription pain meds and the associated side effects. Well, the cost would be rather cheap.

i heard that staying busy to distract the pain n other simliar types of signals to brain was called secondary aphasia. i hope my terminology is right so i don't look like a goof...lol. i could of been explaining wrong to the doctor but he seemed very knowledgeable. like most, regular pain killers dont work for me.
    what does work for me is
    long acting meds lyrica 200mg 3x a day
    cymbalta 60mg 2x a day
    shortactin/breakthrough meds klonipin 1mg as needed usually twice
    unfortunately i have high tolerances to meds. it only takes a slight edge off so they have to continue to increase. i'm also starting a pain management program.......it shall be interesting. i'll keep ya posted.

on a good note IM DOWN TO 2.5MG OF METHADONE n praying for NO withdrawals. by the end of the week i should be off it. i'm trying to get off what isn't working. so far so good. keep 'n' the faith.
    good luck all
    Many Blessings,
    Josh

So we can say with confidence, The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6

WE SHOULD HOLD A HUGE BENEFIT FOR ALL TO GET THE MAGNETIC MOLECULAR ENERGIZER.......HEHE
    Many Blessings,
    Josh

So we can say with confidence, The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6