Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering Tilite w/ pushblacks

Ordering Tilite w/ pushblacks

My insurance has actually approved a manual w/c a year after buying my p220 and I'm trying to get a zra. I just went with tilite's back because I don't want to push it with my ins, but the dme recommended the tension adj straps and i said ok but I saw there's an upcharge so I'd like to know if it's a feature that people have found useful? We decided to go with 2 degree camber as I didn't want to widen the chair too much so I hope that works out. He recommended 90 degree front but as I've been using 85 on my p220 I thought I should stick with that but I'm having second thoughts. Looking at tilite's order form I realized we didn't even discuss the front end width.

At least I know I'll be putting my spinergy spox' on it but I'll be taking off the natural fits to put on pushblacks I hope. looking at it's web site there are 2 types, can anyone tell me if either the knurled grip or double stuff work better for a c5-6 complete with a weak grasp? My dme guy hadn't heard of them and recommended those stupid pegs which I used in the dark ages.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by leschinsky; 01-01-2009 at 06:37 PM.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Dme guy needs to spend a week or two pushing his butt around wjth some of the stuff he sells, it sounds like.

If your chair doesn't have an adjustable back angle, the tension straps can work almost as well, as long as the adjustment needed is backwards not foreword.

I have the adjustable straps on my non-adjustable back HP 2, but not on my adjustable back GTX. Both are pretty comfortable, but I prefer the thinner back upholstery that comes with no straps.

Joe

Hey Leschinsky I have a quickie ti w/2 deg camber and 90 ang. plus spinergy wheels and coated handrims I love it. It's kinda tippy, so those anti-tips works great. I am 1 year post i have a power wc too. I am still feeling my manual wc out.
    Good luck finding a good fit.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyes View Post
    If your chair doesn't have an adjustable back angle, the tension straps can work almost as well, as long as the adjustment needed is backwards not foreword.

I have the adjustable straps on my non-adjustable back HP 2, but not on my adjustable back GTX. Both are pretty comfortable, but I prefer the thinner back upholstery that comes with no straps.

Joe
    Thanks joe the zra back is adjustable so I think I'll cancel the straps.

thanks cool you too. The tippiness is related to the center of gravity I think, another thing I have to figure out that the dme didn't bring up.

I could be wrong, but from what I have read here, it's very hard to get a TiLite. Good for you. I have a ZRA with a motion concepts back and Roho seat. I like it alot. I have found it tippy too, and have gone over backwards a few times if I I don't have the antii tippers on.
    Dave E. C6-7 Incomp. Quad 9-06

"NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR DREAMS!"
    "THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"

I'm pushing TiLite ZRA, 90 degree angle, 2 degree camber, tappered up front. Chair was rather tippy at first but play w/ the center of gravity.

Also increasing the dump will help preventing going over.

Well I just got final approval on the tilite so guess my ins came through well on this one.

I thought increasing the dump makes a chair more likely to tip back not less?

I recommend adjustable back angle (not just upholstery) for sure. You can modify tippiness not just by adjusting COG but also by playing with the back angle. Plus, if you ever develop a sore back you can ease discomfort by making an angle change. I don't think its a great idea to adjust back by just sagging or tightening the upholstery.

I think pushblacks would be a great idea for you, suggest you call owner of company for advice on which ones would provide you best grip. The natural fits have an ergonomic shape but they sure are as slick as snot on a doorknob.

thanks ancient good suggestion to call. I'm definitely getting the adj angle back as I wanted that feature.