Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any country/bluegrass music fans?

any country/bluegrass music fans?

This is the only music I listen to: bluegrass and older country music.
    My favorite bluegrass singers are Rhonda Vincent, Bill Monroe, Jimmy Martin, Flatt & Scrugs, Ronnie Bowman, Alecia Neugent, The Isaacs, Ricky Skaggs, and The Seldom Scene.
    My favorite country singers are Emmylou Harris, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Gene Watson, George Strait, The Whites, The Forester Sisters, Johnny Paycheck, Mickey Gilley, and Patsy Cline.

Jessie

C/W fan here, I kinda hop all over tho. Nut I remember growing up, riding in the car listening to Johnny Cash, Buck Owens , Patsy Cline. Newer of course Garth, Alan Jackson, and I've enjoyed Allison Krause for yrs.

We have country thunder out here in Arizona that I went to three years in a row when I was much younger (I mistakenly went with girlfriends two years, one of them almost left me there). It was one concert after another and it was great. I even got to see Charlie Daniels play although you could tell he was a rip roaring drunk.

POST NUMBER 1000 ;-)
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Big, big Patsy Cline fan here. Also like the really old pure country stuff, like Tex Ritter and Hank Williams.

My ex is a fiddle player and really into bluegrass. I started liking it after I didn't have to hear it everyday.

My oldest son is a banjo player.

My youngest plays any musical instrument except horns.

I play the radio really well.

I have varied musical taste. Country and bluegrass are not my favorites, but I like a lot of the older stuff too...Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, early Dolly Parton, etc.

I also like bluegrass, but I have to be in the mood for it...here's one I'm always in the mood to hear...

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Love older country.. Merle, George Jones, Buck Owens, Faron Young, Conway Twitty, Patsy, Loretta and many more. They just don't sing like they use to. Although there are some of the newer songs that I like.
    T-5 incomplete

Johnny Cash...gotta admire this man.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

http://www.myspace.com/Rockmamaoff

it isnt blue grass, but we have fun.

I'm not a big fan but like fishin guy I like Alison Krauss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjsjZWlRVvo

were working on some traditional music, like shady grove, and two sisters.