Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "How bad R U from 1 to 10?" arrrrrrrgh!!!!

i've been a 10. 10 is when you are begging people to kill you and you are serious. i've been there twice. once when the truck crushed me, and again when they slit me from my zyphoid to my back below my ribs to fix my eureter. if they had taken me up on my plee i'd be OK with that, but here i am. i'm almost always in pain. it's a background white noise. it's like living by the train {which i did for years - in the backyard} people ask "how can you stand the train?" "what train? oh, that one!" you say......in pain right now. my feet are deep purple & my right foot is screaming. i'm with the others - exercise, exercise, exercise. work on things that challenge your mind. i build bikes. read. it gets better. hang in there! steve.

I am a seven today but the humidity is high here. Usually i can deal with it but Im gonna eat pain meds today.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I don't like to use the numbers. High to me is I think I'm going to die. Higher is I wish I would die. The highest? Suicide? It's occurred to me and probably a lot of others too. I would'nt really want to go there.

I get filled with a lot of anger that so many intelligent scientists have not been able to come up with a med that can if not cure, can at least calm neuropathy so one could at least live some kind of a life. But, I know they're trying. Seems like everything always boils down to nasty old money.

Sorry to be venting. I go Monday to see why the lumbar area that's messed up is causing more problems. He's already got rods in the top, maybe rods in the bottom will get rid of my purple feet!

Hope you feel better soon DD!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    i've been a 10. 10 is when you are begging people to kill you and you are serious. i've been there twice. once when the truck crushed me, and again when they slit me from my zyphoid to my back below my ribs to fix my eureter. if they had taken me up on my plee i'd be OK with that, but here i am. i'm almost always in pain. it's a background white noise. it's like living by the train {which i did for years - in the backyard} people ask "how can you stand the train?" "what train? oh, that one!" you say......in pain right now. my feet are deep purple & my right foot is screaming. i'm with the others - exercise, exercise, exercise. work on things that challenge your mind. i build bikes. read. it gets better. hang in there! steve.
    Man Steve if there were tracks in my back yard, even town I don't think I'd be here today! That would just be to much temptation.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Daily, I feel like my feet and legs are being dipped into the fires of hell, but then, they also feel like I'm being submerged in a bucket of ice...weird, messed up shit !!!

There's the constant back ache...there's the sharp, jagged pain that feels like an ice pick stabbing straight through from my back to my gut and vice versa...then there's the bowel movements....like birthing a porcupine out my ass.

I don't think a simple 1-10 can capture my experience.....no.....don't think so...
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Yo Xtravla, I heard the pain only goes away when we lose our freakin minds lol. Hang in there.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Quote Originally Posted by dgrotz View Post
    Man Steve if there were tracks in my back yard, even town I don't think I'd be here today! That would just be to much temptation.
    a bus, truck or even fast moving car should do the trick just fine, if that's how you really feel......seriously......steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Danine View Post
    Daily, I feel like my feet and legs are being dipped into the fires of hell, but then, they also feel like I'm being submerged in a bucket of ice...weird, messed up shit !!!

There's the constant back ache...there's the sharp, jagged pain that feels like an ice pick stabbing straight through from my back to my gut and vice versa...then there's the bowel movements....like birthing a porcupine out my ass.

I don't think a simple 1-10 can capture my experience.....no.....don't think so...
    My God, I can't image what you are going through. I'm a C6-C7 Incomplete. Me feet feels like there being dipped in an ice bucket, my low back severely "burns", and my legs get "stiff" and "burn" all day long when I'm at my worse. My neck even hurts...
    Brian

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, The courage to change the things we can, And the wisdom to know the difference."

Serenity Prayer

a bus, truck or even fast moving car should do the trick just fine, if that's how you really feel......seriously......steve.
    I'm not saying I feel suicidal right now but many times in my life I have and yeah the truck has crossed my mind a lot but it's ify, I don't need another injury. I was just saying the train would be a lot of temptation for me.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

God bless you Steve,

Your pain sounds undescribable. I believe you are in 10/10 pain levels. What you said at the end about exercising, building bikes, reading, etc.. Those activities at least you enjoy doing and they do take some pain away from that massive pain cycle you have but I can't image it takes away a lot of pain. Take one day at a time guy, that's all you can do. Is there anything else they can do for your pain right now? I know you've taken very heavy pain medication(s). Have they ever sent you to a pain management doctor? It sounds like most of your pain is neuropathic in nature. Have they tried an internal baclofen pump w/some morphine in it? Enjoy the small pleasure daily and take one day at a time. God Bless You and God Speed!
    Brian

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, The courage to change the things we can, And the wisdom to know the difference."

Serenity Prayer