Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "How bad R U from 1 to 10?" arrrrrrrgh!!!!

"How bad R U from 1 to 10?" arrrrrrrgh!!!!

"How bad is your pain from 1-10?" Fucking insane!! To me if u r constantly at 3-5 then this is better than an occasional 8 or 9. I am living and sometimes coping with a constant 2 to 5. Mostly 3 or 4. We with sci's fully understand this ridiculous numeral speak which sucks in itself. give me a 9 or 10 twice a month to constant pinging, panging, numbness, pin pricks, or just constant chills. I am insane from my pain. Do u really get used to being so damned uncomfortable? I think maybe. Gotta stop typing now...my neck hurts and my forearm muscles are on fire.

Brother, brother I SO HEAR YOU!!! I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I hear that question I just want to scream.

No, so far I havent gotten used to it. Haven't found any way to manage it either. Day after day of this for 15 years. Sometimes you just have to lose it. It just makes you crazy, so find a safe outlet to vent. Vent often. Just don't freak out anyone you want to keep around.

Don't give up to find a solution. It took me 20 years to find a combination which made me almost painfree. But I think different things is working on different persons.

I went to a pain clinic last year because they stopped the pills that worked for me the last 8 years and it took the doctor 3 appointments to help me. I knew the doctor, she was my housedoctor 25 years ago when I had so terrible pain every day.
    TH 12, 43 years post

When I started my day I'd rate my pain about a 5, after I ate it's about a 7, like this every f'n day. If I don't eat it's eventually unbearable. I hate my life.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Quote Originally Posted by xtravla View Post
    "How bad is your pain from 1-10?" Fucking insane!! To me if u r constantly at 3-5 then this is better than an occasional 8 or 9. I am living and sometimes coping with a constant 2 to 5. Mostly 3 or 4. We with sci's fully understand this ridiculous numeral speak which sucks in itself. give me a 9 or 10 twice a month to constant pinging, panging, numbness, pin pricks, or just constant chills. I am insane from my pain. Do u really get used to being so damned uncomfortable? I think maybe. Gotta stop typing now...my neck hurts and my forearm muscles are on fire.
    mine is in my feet and legs, but you got it right!

If it isn't 10, it's as close as one can get. Yet they somehow keep getting worse.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

what make my pain worse then everybody else is i feel pain when therapist touch and move my legs

Quote Originally Posted by xtravla View Post
    Comparison Pain Scores suck because they are highly subjective. My 5/10 pain level could be someone elses 8/10. Pain is relative to who ever is having it. I am a physical therapist and asked this question for almost 17 years until one time I stopped using it and went to more of a functional pain score. It doesn't make individuals focus in on their pain so much and tells them they are still useful because they can do things. On the Comparison Pain Score, if rated a 10/10 that means you are passing out and need to be rushed to the hospital vs ambulance. Comparable to throat cancer. There have been so many times patients have rated themselves a 10. My question then was then how did you get out of bed, takes a shower, get dressed and managed to drive over here w/out killing yourself? I find the usually 0-10 pain scores useless.
    Brian

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, The courage to change the things we can, And the wisdom to know the difference."

Serenity Prayer

What combination worked for you?

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    Don't give up to find a solution. It took me 20 years to find a combination which made me almost painfree. But I think different things is working on different persons.

I went to a pain clinic last year because they stopped the pills that worked for me the last 8 years and it took the doctor 3 appointments to help me. I knew the doctor, she was my housedoctor 25 years ago when I had so terrible pain every day.

Quote Originally Posted by dgrotz View Post
    I hate my life.
    Same here, wish I could find a way out. What the hell am I supposed to say when people say "happy new year?" Would like to say f-off!