Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wrestler

The Wrestler

Has anyone seen this movie yet? It's by no means a perfect movie... it could have used an extra few minutes to flesh out the Ram's relationship with his daughter but Mickey Rourke was superbly cast. It's a movie about a washed up professional wrestler twenty years past his prime, still getting the poop kicked out of him because it's all he's ever known.

Do you ever feel like you're a broken, hollow shell of the person you could have been, reliving your past moments of glory, however insignificant, over and over in your head, because that's all you know how to do? Anyone on this forum at all? You *just* might be able to relate to this movie. Heck you might even shed a tear. Or ten.

And Marisa Tomei makes 44 look frikkin hot!

Haven't seen the movie, but did recently see a trailer for it. I thought it looked worth watching.......glad to hear it is.

I'll have to check it out.

Oh, and I'd nail 44 anytime.

Saw it a couple nite's ago and kept thinking, "I bet Geno would like this." I can definately relate, especially since my daughters are beautiful young women now and I have a char stuck to my butt now. Oh well gotta let that go or I'll get sad.
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Quote Originally Posted by watchthisbaby View Post
    Saw it a couple nite's ago and kept thinking, "I bet Geno would like this." I can definately relate, especially since my daughters are beautiful young women now and I have a char stuck to my butt now. Oh well gotta let that go or I'll get sad.
    I haven't watched it yet.On Jan.18th it'll be 12yrs since breaking my neck in the ring.Kinna a double edge sword for me.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    And Marisa Tomei makes 44 look frikkin hot!
    She is beautiful. Has she ever been in a movie where she didn't look smoking hot?

Christopher, "The Wrestler" won some Boston Film critic award I just heard the other day. I know Mickey Rourke had virtually disappeared from the public eye for about the last 15 years. He didn't look like he was taking care of himself at all. Shit it didn't look like he even shaved or bathed anymore. He was dynamite in "The Pope of Greenich Village" as was Eric Roberts. At 55and in a wheelchair since I was 24 I don't really relive my past moments of glory.....not that I had a life full of glorious events and achievements to look back upon, lol. I had a "normal" upbringing, a great family, tons of friends, plenty of pussy, played sports, drank beer, screwed around with drugs a bit, went to college, worked, traveled.....things change.....you can't do that shit forever, you get older, more responsible. I do wish I had banged the crap out of this one chick back around 1968...but I was only 15!

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
    She is beautiful. Has she ever been in a movie where she didn't look smoking hot?
    Nope. Her beauty is a tautology.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Looking forward to this film.

Marisa Tomei gets better with age. She looked amazing in "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" (good film, btw).

I always liked Rourke, and thought he (and Eric Roberts) was under-rated by the main.
    And he used to be so attractive... this is frightening

Wow, a far cry from 9 1/2 Weeks!