Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What do you live in?? apartment/house/condo & with whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin View Post
    A shithole, but I'm out on my nonexistent ass in six weeks so who knows?

WTH Juke?? Didn't the lady who lives across the street offer you a room?
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Quote Originally Posted by watchthisbaby View Post
    No, and you can bet she's a happy camper ever since the "For Sale" realtor's sign went up in front of the house. The residence is so close that puts the sign almost in the road, and if she hadn't been sick these past months she'd be over here cleaning it and offering tours.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

apartment. two grown kids their spouses, my frogs, max the mouse strawberry the wonderkitty jack the Norwegian forest cat 4 hermit crabs 1 gecko 1 Siamese fighting fish ten dozen crickets(frog lizard food) my sweetie and band equipment for 2 bands.

I am a c5/c6 incomplete and live in a mobile home that I bought pre injury. my fincee' lives with me and a pit/boxer mix, and three terreriums of frogs and anolees (gecko) and soon an iguana.

I live on the top floor of a condo and I am also the HOA president. My injury level is C-2 incomplete. Since the unit is on one level everything is accessible. I have been living in this building for 10 years, and so far no regrets. However, I do need the elevator in order to get outside.

Pros:
    No one lives above me.

Cons:
    Electricity goes out.
    I live in earthquake country.
    Fire in the building.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    apartment. two grown kids their spouses, my frogs, max the mouse strawberry the wonderkitty jack the Norwegian forest cat 4 hermit crabs 1 gecko 1 Siamese fighting fish ten dozen crickets(frog lizard food) my sweetie and band equipment for 2 bands.
    WOW!! I hope it's a big apartment, I'm having visions of you stuck behind some amps and a drum set abd you can't get out.

Juke_spinQuote:
    Originally Posted by watchthisbaby

No, and you can bet she's a happy camper ever since the "For Sale" realtor's sign went up in front of the house. The residence is so close that puts the sign almost in the road, and if she hadn't been sick these past months she'd be over here cleaning it and offering tours.
    Good news I made some calls for you, and there's plenty of room at some of the Sr centers and they have lots of nosey old ladies who would love to have tea with you
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

T10, live with wife, 2 dogs, and 1 cat.

We are in a 3-2-2 with a pool and big outbuilding on an acre, bought pre-sci. It's one level, had to rip out carpet and put in wood floors, widen all the doors to 36", redo master bath. Didn't do anything to kitchen, wife is the cook in the family, I can get to everything if needed.

Now have to pay for lawn and pool care, adds a lot to monthly expenses. We plan on making a pottery studio in outbuilding now that I don't need it for motorcycle storage/workarea. We plan on being here for awhile, but somewhere down the line it will make sense to move to a condo or something with no upkeep issues.

Juke - sorry to hear you are losing your home. I just read in the latest NM mag that there is an active sci support group in Placerville, maybe they can help you find a new spot if you need a lead.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

c6c7 found a foreclousre home ranch roll in shower allready there all the door way were 36 in
    i got really lucky house is 2800sq ft 3br 2 bath my son does my lawn i tore out all carpet and have concrete floors. thought about hardwood but i am to cheap to do that i don/t mind the concrete. its clean.

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    Pros:
    No one lives above me.

Cons:
    Electricity goes out.
    I live in earthquake country.
    Fire in the building.
    An important feature to consider if you live alone as I do. Most new condos require sprinklers which can save your life. That's the one downside to my current townhouse.

I bought a three bedroom two bath three story house. But I have never seen the upstairs or the basement. I live with my wife of eight years and my fourteen year old son. We live in a small town where wheel chair accessibility is still something in the future.

As a matter of fact last week we received six inches of snow over night and we could not get out of the house. The snow had piled up against the door so tight Deb had to squeeze out to shovel the snow away so we could get outside. Needless to say he going outdoors right now is beyond my first goals. I do my best to keep my mind active by writing and playing computer games. This may sound nerdy but my favorite game right now is chess
    T6 complete