Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wulfric the Chia Guy

Wulfric the Chia Guy

This is a bit geeky but it cheered me up today, which I needed as I am in a full blown holiday-blues-funk. Meet Wulfric, my chia head guy. We planted him today. Further photo updates as his hair grows into a luscious green afro. If it grows, that is.

Advance warning that I am pretty bored right now as the dysfunctionally cold temperatures keep me imprisioned in my apartment. I have a chia hippo as well that has not been planted yet. So another exciting chia thread from me might just appear soon.

I looked on you tube for the annoying "cha-cha-chia!" commercial hoping to post it here. But alas I could not find it. So for now, the pictures of Wulfric will have to do.

A still bald Wulfric along with his hair seeds

Soaking in a bucket for an hour and meeting cat #1. For a brief second it looked as if the bucket was going to get dumped all over the living room as she was determined to get in for a better look. This resulted in Wulfric and the bucket being exiled to the bath tub.

Wulfric gets planted. And a head massage.

Meeting cat #2.

Post-Planting shots

Last edited by orangejello; 12-21-2008 at 09:25 PM.

I grew a Bart Simpson chia head a few months ago, it grew, got a nice a fro but didn't last to long. No pics.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

cute...good you are keeping busy!

hahaha how cute is that?

I always wanted a Chia Pet just for the hell of it. LOL

Xmas wouldn't be xmas without them ......

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I think if it were my cats they would have eaten the seed coating off Wulfric's head by now...... There is seemingly nothing they don't eat. One even loves peanut butter. Lots of lip smacking afterwards, but she does love it.

I heard chia seeds were good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I think if it were my cats they would have eaten the seed coating off Wulfric's head by now...... There is seemingly nothing they don't eat. One even loves peanut butter. Lots of lip smacking afterwards, but she does love it.
    We have hidden Wulfric way up high on a shelf. Either they will not notice it or he will end up smashed on the floor when they springboard up there to eat the seeds off his head.

lol about the peanut butter. I have never seen mine eat that. But they love processed cheese slices, yogurt, apple sauce, and one of them is addicted to jalapeno peppers. They will eat anything. Or so it seems anyway. But today my female turned her nose up at a can of chicken in gravy cat food and refused to eat. The can got bought by accident and her regular fare of turkey and cheese cans are all gone. She followed my partner around the apartment whining until he had enough and went out in -25 weather to get her preferred food just to get her to shut up. Yes, my cat's life is rough....