Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Pictures - Show your "Stuff" - Hunting stuff that is...

Nice buck Tufft. Good hunting all, I'm starting to look forward to next year.

Nice buck Tuff. My first year in a long time I didn't get a decent buck. All the ones I saw were small ones(which I don't shoot) and I missed, or couldn't find, the only shooter I shot at.

Now it's time for some waterfowl hunting and then calling some coyotes in Feb. Now THAT is some fun!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

My mom will pay anyone to come and shoot them in the backyard. They eat everything in site. Just sit on the deck, sip your coffee and pop a cap in one. Parents live just outside of Tallahassee. Deer there are a nusiance.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF WATER AND FIBER

Wow nice bucks ya'll. How about sharing a little bit about your hunts... What kind of concealment.... What kind of terrain... What special equipment you use that an AB might not have to use that might help us other SCI guys and Gals.

Thanks for posting ya'll.

Hey Deadeye.... How do you waterfowl hunt primarily. That's something I want ot do but I've always blind hunted with waders etc. Can't do that now. Do you use a boat?

I've got 2 more weeks of deer season. I got a new predator call for my birthday and am looking forward to trying it out on some coyotes too!!!
    Last edited by Grange; 01-06-2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Add content.
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    Hey Deadeye.... How do you waterfowl hunt primarily. That's something I want ot do but I've always blind hunted with waders etc. Can't do that now. Do you use a boat?

I've got 2 more weeks of deer season. I got a new predator call for my birthday and am looking forward to trying it out on some coyotes too!!!
    We will set up on the edge of a field or pond that geese frequent using blind either made of plywood or the ones that look like big round hay bales. Set up decoys, call, let them come in to land, or even let them land for some hunters, and then fire away.

I am not so sure how I'd do in an un-steady boat trying to shoot! But I'd try it at least once.

Here's a pic from a hunt we had last Sept. I couldn't be there as I was running another event but they had a blast.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Or you get lucky and catch them in a field close to the road and shoot them out the window like I did to these Snow Geese. Limit is 20 a day and I know I had a couple more than this on the ground after I shot but like my son said "Dad the coyotes have to eat to" I felt a little better. I hate to knock any type of bird down and not be able to find it.

Man Nevada, I wish we had a pheasant population here in Virginia. I'd love to hunt them.

How the hell did I miss this?????? Guys, ya'll did some GREAT hunting!!!! Damn, I really missed getting out this year. Too much other stuff going on....great stories, and learned a few tricks also! Get cleaning the barrels guys!

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    How the hell did I miss this?????? Guys, ya'll did some GREAT hunting!!!! Damn, I really missed getting out this year. Too much other stuff going on....great stories, and learned a few tricks also! Get cleaning the barrels guys!
    We had three awesome hunts within 25 miles of you. You BETTER get your ol' ass out there next year and hunt with us!

Hey, just thought about it, I've got a doe-only management hunt next weekend, Jan. 17, at the Marriott Ranch in Fauquier Co. just up the road from you. 4200 acres and a gorgeous place. Interested?
    Last edited by DeadEye; 01-07-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: kan't speel.

Yeah Deadeye the last three years has been the best pheasant hunting in the 28 years I have lived in North Dakota. The year that I took that picture 2006, I shot 66. However this winter may be the beginning of the end so to speak with more snow in the month of December than fell in all of last year and the last four weeks of below zero temps have been tough on them and I am sure they are taking a beating. My son and I did take second place in a one day longest tail feather contest we measured the 3 tail max and ended up with 72 and half inches which I thought was a sure winner instead we ended up in second. Still not bad for a nine year old and C 6/7 spinal cord injury road hunter.