Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Hunting Pictures - Show your "Stuff" - Hunting stuff that is...

Quote Originally Posted by nevada View Post
    Grange
    I have shot three birds from a chair and have found that sitting up in a ground blind at the edge of the woods and a feeding area has worked best for me. No need to be there at the crack of dawn as most of the action comes around 9 -10 in the morning. Have found that this works better later in the season when most of the hens are on the nest and old lover boy is looking for a sweet young hen to get next too. I have three hens and a Jake decoys set them up about 25 yards out and let the need to breed take over. Here is a picture of my son's first Turkey taken with this method. You can see the type of set up we use as well. When my son cleaned his 16 gauge after bird season closed as he slipped into the gun case he said see you in April when we will get a turkey.
    Looks like a great setup Nevada. I know what you mean by coming out at 9-10 in the morning but there is NOTHING like sitting there in the dark watching the world wake up, and listening to a half dozen whipporwill's singing in the tree's nearby, the frogs croaking on the pond down the way, and then...that distant gobble. Having your bird on the ground before daylight warms the heart
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Anybody done any waterfowl hunting anywhere? I don't even know when the seasons are in other states.
    Last edited by Grange; 02-06-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Wheelz, didn't hunt cause I have a bro-in-law that has been on my nerves about his ethics in the past,(eg: he shot a small elk about 5 yrs ago, my son and i see him walking towards use at dark and he says, I got one. We go wher is it? he says it went into the dark woods, I ain't going in there in the dark, I'll come back in the am.) Gawd I was pissed.you don't do that.the damn sissy puss, afraid of the dam dark!(we got it the next am, he wouldn't listen to our advice on cleaning, he contaminated the meat, fecal and urine) he got it home, butchered ($120.00) and proceeded to have to throw it all out. The last time I went with him, he shot 15 min. after shooting time at night (was way to dark to be shooting) and admitted it was him. Far as I'm concerned he's a poacher and I refusw to hunt or even camp with him again.
    On the other hand my son decided I was too much trouble to have along, so he changed to muzzel loader and went with a friend. I'm gonna find a new set of buddies to hunt with. I lingcod and salmon fish with 10-12 guys who hunt the same general area. they've asked me to hunt with them b4, so I'll try to hook up w/them next season. Good huntin

well guys lets here some stories from this year

Hey thanks Deel90 I was thinking along the same lines. I have not gotten to hunt but twice this year. I am recovering from a really big back surgery. I did see deer both times however. The first time I watch three non-shooter bucks for about 30 minutes. One of the 8 pointers was borderline close to the guidelines we use on the club I hunt on. Just too young . He will be nice next year if nobody shoots him this year on any of the surrounding leases. Hope to go this Sunday afternoon. I'll post if Ido any good. Welcome back to the thread ya'll.

sorry to hear that grange...well i havent had much luck either i have saw 3 bucks this year but i was road hunting and i have to get outta the van to shoot so needless to say they got away one was a monster havent saw him since..but i killed a doe on a wheelin sportsman event at 150 yards..and missed one at 330 yards i saw a bunch of deer but only killed that one. there were 5 hunters at the event and we killed 8 deer there where 2 bucks killed but they were all small but i still got late muzzleloader so maybe ill get another one

Quote Originally Posted by deel90 View Post
    ..but i killed a doe on a wheelin sportsman event at 150 yards..
    Eric told me she choked to death on an apple when you bullet went whizzing over her back. He said when they got her back to the DOF office, there wasn't a mark on her!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

yea right lol just wonted to thank you man for everything you have done for me and everybody else..

Quote Originally Posted by deel90 View Post
    yea right lol just wonted to thank you man for everything you have done for me and everybody else..

Anytime my friend.

Oh Boy... I had a great time in the hunting blind last night. I saw a really beautiful young 8 pointer and he walked within 20 yards of my blind. Never knew I was there. He is a non shooter buck on our hunt club. Too young! But boy is it fun to watch them that close. I do admit it is quite hard not to pull the trigger but we are seeing great benefit from the management program we have in place. It was too dark to get a picture. He did not come out until right at dark. I watched him for about 8 minutes. Boy thats fun!!!!! Anybody doing any good in the deer woods this year?