Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: so a rottweiler followed me home last night

so a rottweiler followed me home last night

was coming in from a night out around 3am. I had just transfered from my car to my chair did a quick 360 spin and bam, I see a large rott right in front of me. First thing I did was glup lol, then noticed it's tail was wagging, I looked around, didn't see anyone, so I just ignored her and went about my way. I got to my steps, grabbed my walker and the dog was still by my side, in fact she just laid there and waited for me to finish transferring all my things.

When I shut the door in her face, she started whining, so I opened the door, tried to get her to leave and go home, but she wouldn't leave and kept crying when I closed the door, so I let her in, and she followed me to my room.

There's a tag with a number, but when I called the number the line was disconnected. Also the name of the dog is Snake (I call her Paula) which doesn't make sense for a female dog, but I dont know. I also noticed the leash had a vet clinic name from the next city over so I called them and they said the only Snake registered in their system is a cat, they then told me a rescuer had lost a rott, so I called her, but she couldn't give me the dogs name or sex, she also said the dog didn't have tags, but this dog does.

She wanted me to bring the dog over there to id it, but something seems sketchy about this lady, plus her tone and manners weren't very 'warm'

I went to all the nearby stores and saw 2 ads every where I went, but none for a rott. I even went to the nearby dog park about 3 blocks down, nothing posted.

This dog is super friendly, hasn't barked, understands basic commands, has it's tail (which is rare for a rott) im shocked nobody has tried to claim her yet, but then again it is a work day so Im going to try again tomorrow afternoon when I post my flyers up.

Im also going to go to the pound and see if she has a chip or not.

Guess for the time being I have a new dog, one of my roommates loves the dog, but Mary owns a small hyper tacobell dog (as I call them) so I don't know how this is going to work.

At first we tried to walk her, but she wasn't having it, after about a min she wanted back in. We tried to let her roam in the backyard, same thing, she just wasnt having it, and kept coming back up to me. She also wont venture the house for very long on her own, she takes a tour then comes right back into my room and next to my feet.

About an hour ago we finally got her outside-I walked the dog, which was a pain, its such a big strong dog lol. but it listens so it didn't drag me around or anything.

Make sure you don't just give her away to 'anyone' that claims they are owner. You should know by the dogs behavior if they are the real owner.

Are you going to keep her if no one calls you for her?
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

That's cool, man! She's a nice looking dog and if she listens to basic commands that's even better.

I don't know what to make of your situation, but for now it looks like you have a dog. I wonder why she is so timid? Does she act differently around certain people?

Blog Entries
    She's an inside dog. Look at those toenails...trimmed, hope you find her owner. If not, ya have a new buddy AND she has a fresh, warm SNACK trotting around in there when she gets hungry

I ADORE ROTTS!!!

Harness that horse up to your wheelchair and make her work for her food. If you get to keep her she could be a service dog.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    Make sure you don't just give her away to 'anyone' that claims they are owner. You should know by the dogs behavior if they are the real owner.

Are you going to keep her if no one calls you for her?
    thats the thing, she's super friendly, she literally walks up to everyone, so I don't know how Ill be able to decipher the owner. I guess the name on the name tag? but Snake doesnt sound right to me. I dont know, she also has a bit of an attachment to me. If I'm in my room while she's playing with my roommate in another room, she comes back and checks on me, sits down by my feet for awhile then goes back to play.

Well, Im thinking about keeping her if no one calls, BUT we have a small taco bell dog that doesn't know how to behave, so thats really the deciding factor. Im also more of a cat person, and never had the responsibility of taking care of such a big powerful dog. my roommate seems to love him, so I don't know. so far only one roommate has met her, the others aren't home so we have to vote, chat, figure things out etc etc, and that's IF nobody claims her.

That's a neat dog. Too bad you can't keep her.

She looks like a good dog & dogs are waaaaay better then cats IMO

Don't put the name that is on her tag on the signs that you make to advertise her. Make that one of the things the owner has to know in order to take her.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
    That's cool, man! She's a nice looking dog and if she listens to basic commands that's even better.

I don't know what to make of your situation, but for now it looks like you have a dog. I wonder why she is so timid? Does she act differently around certain people?
    nope. she loves everyone, walks up to everyone, she just don't like to be outside for some reason. first time we tried she wasn't having it, then we tried the back yard, she took a tour around ONCE, did her business and came right back to me, and wouldnt leave my side. When I went out to get some food for her my roommate took her out for a walk, he said she was sketchy at first, but once the got around the corner she was fine, except the fact that she tried to go in everyones yard lol, but for the most part everyone they walked passed she tried to meet them. So the concern of her being aggressive isn't there anymore, she doesn't bark at all, and she's well trained. wonder how she got lost or if she was abandoned, crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    She looks like a good dog & dogs are waaaaay better then cats IMO

Don't put the name that is on her tag on the signs that you make to advertise her. Make that one of the things the owner has to know in order to take her.
    yep, that and the number on the id, maybe the sex of the dog and a description of the tail. the rescue lady I called couldn't ID the dog so she got scratched from the list. lol.

She is beautiful, and it sounds like a really good friend has just found you.