Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Hate Christmas?

I do not hate Christmas per se, but I hate what it does to the malls between Thanksgiving and New Years. With the people occupied with window shopping, they often end up in my lap, etc. In my old age, I avoid the places entirely during that interval. Online shopping is great.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I generally like Christmas, especially when i can find a cool gift for some people that they never expected. Shopping for folks you don't know what to get is a drag.

The worst thing for me is at my dad's side of the family. Each person opens one gift at a time while everyone watches you, it takes forever. My aunts are crazy, they often act like they are having a massive orgasm over each gift they get. Going on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how pretty or nice the gift is and the buying aunt about how they shopped everywhere for it. Then i'll get say a Packers shirt and they look at me like where is the orgasmic oh my god what an incredible gift look. It's to the point that the less gifts i get when there the better.

not a big fan
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    I despise the holiday season.

I've always felt extremely blessed to have so much -- plenty of food, a nice home, access to medical care, opportunities for education, good jobs, etc. Knowing that there are so many out there who weren't as lucky as me, I felt guilty to get even more stuff every Christmas, and it upset me to see/hear people who already want for nothing devote so much time, energy, and money to buying each other more stuff. So early on, I opted out of the traditional holidays and instead followed my conscience.

Instead of buying any gifts, I anonymously "adopt" a person or family in need (often they are new immigrants, elderly, or disabled) through an Angel program.

These programs provide me info about the participant (gender, age, sizes) and a wish list, which has always just basic needs. (It broke my heart to hear an eight year old boy ask for nothing more than socks and underwear for Christmas.) I buy as many of the necessary items as I can -- like blankets, shoes and clothing, winter coats (when I lived up north), toiletries, and such. But I get my real pleasure from going above and beyond the list by buying toys for the kids, gift cards for a local grocery store, gift certificates for movie theaters or or other types of entertainment opportunities -- stuff that's purely for enjoyment.

I'm not a Christian or a Jew, so there's no religious significance for this time of year. Becoming an Angel is the only thing about Christmas season that I enjoy.

thank u that is what all should be doing instead of running around the mall like rats.

As for myself – I am just an ordinary person that aims all gunners to kill blue whales, moose and even shrimps. Don’t we all like poor dead shrimps on our table? What organisation to be not be eaten has the shrimps org done? Who fight for them&those??? Not good!

[youtube]0-XzGOZHYdA&feature=PlayList&p=F6784CF55815E61B&inde x=10[youtube]
    Last edited by Leif; 12-16-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Macka, You want to dance?

[youtube]z4asAOyglCc&feature=PlayList&p=F6784CF55815E61B&in dex=6&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL[/youtbe]
    sure, let's tango

For you Leif. Too bad I couldn't find the original video. Not shrimps. But close.

Last edited by orangejello; 12-16-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Orange (Amanda), I was knocked out. This..