Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Hate Christmas?

As long as there is plenty of food and a party, I’m in.

As long as there is plenty of food and a party, I’m in.

Don't know what happened to the puter here, but I can take two party’s.

I've hated Christmas ever since my injury. I sit there in severe pain while everyone smiles and acts like they're thankful. Well, thank you so much God for all my blessings or lack there of...
    Brian

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, The courage to change the things we can, And the wisdom to know the difference."

Serenity Prayer

adi, that pic was inappropriate, we have children on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    adi, that pic was inappropriate, we have children on this website.
    ??????? on this thread?

PS--Edited to say that a Moderator contacted me and let me know what I missed here...I was confused...so sorry for confusing everyone else!

Take care, everyone!

Teena
    Last edited by teena; 12-19-2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: To clarify why I posted the above comment...

I don't really hate Christmas but don't enjoy it like I use to and this year I have no Christmas spirit at all. It would make me happy if my niece called and said lets skip Christmas this year. I hate watching people spend money they don't have and going in debt to buy that "perfect" gift. I like giving gifts but if I couldn't afford to I wouldn't.

The holidays to me are about getting together with family and friends having a nice meal and conversation along with a few drinks. Think that is why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because my family celebrates it just like we do Christmas (dinner and get togethers) minus the decorations and gifts. The lack of gifts is what makes Thanksgiving my favorite holiday.

Having said that I didn't care for Thanksgiving this year either lol. Its building our new home that is causing my lack of spirit. Be nice next year when we are in our new home for the holidays and I can actually enjoy the season.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Thanks Para-trooper and bdvaneven. You've pretty much summed it all up. You are not alone.

Good for you Betheny...every girl needs new bling. You deserve it after the year you have had. Don't let anyone know they are real though, or they might end up in some pawn shop somewhere unbeknownst to you.

Paratrooper; I know how you feel, I guess. My family doesnt see me anymore either. I have seven brothers and sisters and haven heard anything at all from them since I got hurt in 2006. I've only seen my own kids once in the past year. One lives 40 miles away and the other 5 miles. Neither of them has to wrassle a wheelchair everywhere they go. Not even a phone call for my birthday or thanksgiving. I didn't die that day. (maybe I look worse than I think I do )

I'm going to sit quietly with a large glass of eggnogg and brandy. A couple of those and I wont care that it is a crappy holiday.

The Christmas spirit left me many years ago.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Skippy13, I am an only child...well, I'm an adult now...but anyhow...

I would give ANYthing to have had brothers/sisters...

I would be in such close contact with them if I had them that they would have to tell me to back off...sighhhhhh.

Take care!

Teena