Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Hate Christmas?

I love Christmas because I have little kids. I hate getting together with the in-laws and such. I see them once a year and the punks always expects gifts. They are a bunch of dead beats that come for the free food and booze.

i love christmas ...i feel like a kid again....the christmas tree is unique to my soul and eye vision.i do not care about presents.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by TMAZ View Post
    I love Christmas because I have little kids. I hate getting together with the in-laws and such. I see them once a year and the punks always expects gifts. They are a bunch of dead beats that come for the free food and booze.
    lol man you made me to laugh like hell...they come for free food and booze...?haha
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Besides spending time with my wife, daughter and dog - I hate it!

This is my third Christmas post-injury. Abandoned by my family because "it's just too hard for them to see me in my condition!" What condition? I'm sitting on wheels - they're sitting on a chair - I don't see "a condition".

Friends stopped inviting me out or to house parties because they don't want to make me feel bad if I can't go! Guess what! It feels worse not being invited!...Let me make the decision of whether or not I can go! I can't wait for the day for people to realize I'm the same person I always was...I can still party, visit, ...hell I can dance in a chair! I don't have a condition...they do! Please, tell me I am not the only one this happens to!! Hell, my own parents didn't visit me after my accident - it was just too hard for them!...Nine months in SCI rehab!! I don't even speak to the "sperm and egg" donors anymore!

If I don't use "my condition" as they put it as an excuse...NOBODY else has the right to use the "condition" excuse either..Yet they still do!

I also hate Christmas for things like crowded stores, too many displays in aisles, people farting as they walk by!, shoppers stepping over me and my chair, shoppers MOVING me out of their way, handicapped spots filled with people with canes (that never touch the ground!) van accessible spots where someone with an H/C permit (who can walk) feels it's their right to park on the diagonal lined area for ramps, I could go all day...am I the only one who has this happen?

I swear one day I am going to deploy the ramp and pretend I didn't see the car in the diagonal zone....and have to appear in court!...I can't wait to lash out at the cop who files the charge for not enforcing the H/C laws in the first place! I'll be asking the judge what charges were filed against the real offending party!!!

Well I'll just stop here before I put myself in an AD condition, I can feel the blood pressure rising!

Anyhow...Happy Holidays anyway! I hope that something makes you all feel a little better about the season...and if one of you deploys a ramp on one of these bastards that parks in the diagonals...let me know - that will be a real gift!!!!

You know what??..this was the WRONG place to post this! I am going to copy it and plast it on Facebook!!!!

To hell with them all! I LOVE CHRISTMAS! And I am going to have a damn good time anyway!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
    Last edited by Para-trooper; 12-19-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago View Post
    i love christmas ...i feel like a kid again....the christmas tree is unique to my soul and eye vision.i do not care about presents.
    I love sitting in my family room with the lights down & the christmas tree all lit up. Very peaceful.

My boyfriend & I sat on the couch the other nite for a good hour just talking with the lights down, tv off & just looking at our pretty Christmas tree. It was very nice & romantic.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    I love sitting in my family room with the lights down & the christmas tree all lit up. Very peaceful.

My boyfriend & I sat on the couch the other nite for a good hour just talking with the lights down, tv off & just looking at our pretty Christmas tree. It was very nice & romantic.
    im glad to hear girl ...we decorate the tree here[orthodox ]on christmas eve.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

I dig christmas, I like going out shopping in the crowds and checking out the decorations in the mall, I try to stay away from Santa cuz he always looks a little creepy to me. One year I left my christmas tree up until the next christmas, I don't know why I didn't take it down. My twin nieces will be over to bake christmas cookies that we give out to our relatives. I like all the hustle and bustle of christmas, I must like noise because I like when my house is loud and crazy from my nieces and nephews chatter. I like my house noisy even when I'm home alone, I have my tv on, my sirius radio on and my ipod playing in its bose docking station and all the lights on too lol.
    Last edited by wtf; 12-19-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: i typed your instead of our lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    This video will probably annoy some of you because it's based on Christianity, but I think it may touch on some feelings from this thread.

< - - - not annoyed

I only hate Christmas when I am broke and I hate the feeling others give by obligation to have to buy them something because they got you something. Its not about that....its about giving without expecting anything back.
    Work like you don't need the money, dance like nobody's watching, and love like you've never been hurt, even if you broke your neck "

Scott, I liked your video. My "I hate Christmas" attitude has nothing to do with religion or SCI. For me, Christmas would be more palatable if it wasn't such a "buy, buy buy", "40% off", rushing, wrapping time. I don't give a crap about decorations and presents. Watching kids enjoy Christmas is cool though. I feel very lucky and happy just to be alive, with a terrific girlfriend, having a house, having my wits, having relatively good health, being able to drive, having great family, friends and neighbors, not having a UTI since 2000, patting my cats, having jeans that fit, etc. I don't need Christmas to validate my appreciation for these people and those things in my life. Yesterday when I was getting a gift certificate for my girlfriend a very rude, grumpy older lady bulldozed her way to the cashier register right in front of me. She was pissed simply because the cashier forgot to include a gift receipt (a receipt without the price) with the items she had just bought a couple minutes before. The cashier told her she had to wait a minute because she was ringing up my order. With that, the old lady slumped on the counter like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. The cashier told me I could have a free bottle of perfume because I spent over $100. I told her thanks but I really didn't want it (it was some cheap, stink-ass fragrance). Anyway, I saw how exasperated the old lady seemed to be so I told her she could have the perfume I was entitled to if she wanted it. She kind of perked up and gladly took it. I felt good about it. She never said thanks. She told me she'd give it to her daughter in law because she didn't like her, didn't want to spend money on her and her daughter in law could re-gift it if she didn't like it. It was Christmas in a nutshell.