Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Snow depression

Yes Eileen ..... I hear that .. Bill hasn't been out of the house for a week now . We love our beloved Prairie but the winter is pretty unforgiving and we get snow much like what that pup is pouncing through.

On the up side ... we have our pets to keep us entertained on cold winter nights .... you can read all about it in the "What the Hell" thread !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Vegas got 2" on the strip and 6" in the suburbs. So much for global warming. I live in the snowbelt. We have been lucky so far , only one heavy snow so far. It's freezing rain right now , nasty stuff.
    oh well

this is the start of the new "Ice Age" haha.
    we have been hit with an ice storm last night and watched a tree fall on the nieghbors truck about 20 minutes ago.

Eileen and other snowbound members - i hope y'all have enough to do inside the house to keep yourselves entertained! We've had a wierd late fall so far as we haven't had any more that a light dusting of snow twice. There's usually been at least one storm with snow accumulation by now.

I don't mind the snow, it can be a pain at times but doesn't seem to stay long here anyways.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Does anyone else get depressed when the first big snowstorm of the season hits? Tomorrow we are supposed to be pounded with a foot or more of snow, and all I can think of is that today was my last day of unimpeeded mobility. I have a ramp van and live in an urban enviroment. As you all know, it is not possible to deploy the ramp onto a snowbank, so I feel like from now till spring life just got a lot more complicated. Many of the places I go only have street parking, so I will be out of luck till there is melting. I stopped today and bought my blizzard supplies........comfort food, enough toilet paper for a regiment, the usual bread, milk, tuna, peanut butter, crackers and cheese. I really love where I live, but not the snow.

We never get snow here until the last week of December and then ending about mid-March...This winter we've had snow since October 29th....

I couldn't take it anymore and took a last minute flight to Orlando..depression stopped as soon as that flight hit the tarmac...unfortunately it came back the on the return flight landing on the tarmac back here...becoming a snowbird isn't going to be a nice-ity for me, but more of a necessity....right now everything is closed here, whiteout conditions with a heavy thunderstorm at the same time...and the airports are closed.....arrgh! The supermarkets were crazy at 7am this morning in anticipation of the full effects of the storm....DON'T EVEN TRY TO SELL ME ON GLOBAL WARMING THIS WINTER!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Prescription for depression...take two one way Airtran flights to Orlando...they're offering seats for $60...cheaper than filling a prescription for some meds!

or

Permanent Surgery....transplant to Florida.

Glad to know I am not all alone in my feelings about snow. Obie, it is true that the cats look unusually smug today. I think they have connected the dots and somehow know that when the white stuff falls their mom isn't going anywhere. They will get more than their usual share of cuddle time. Now if I could just train them to sleep on my icy feet, but no, they want to be in my arms.
    Para-trooper, you're right, that flight is cheaper than meds, and probably a lot more beneficial too. I picked up prescription dose vitamin D yesterday and it rang up at fifty two dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Glad to know I am not all alone in my feelings about snow. Obie, it is true that the cats look unusually smug today. I think they have connected the dots and somehow know that when the white stuff falls their mom isn't going anywhere. They will get more than their usual share of cuddle time. Now if I could just train them to sleep on my icy feet, but no, they want to be in my arms.
    Para-trooper, you're right, that flight is cheaper than meds, and probably a lot more beneficial too. I picked up prescription dose vitamin D yesterday and it rang up at fifty two dollars!
    Eileen

That's criminal!..$52.00! You can buy 500 here off the shelf for $11.99. Or better yet just take the flight...then the Vitamin D will be free! Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I feel for you people up north. I cant imagine what its like when everything is covered in snow/ice. There's still lots of room down here in the south. Maybe a little change of scenery?
    x2

78degrees here in GA.

when is snowing my depression goes away ...i love the feeling.
    i have a huge window in my room and i love to watch ...rain depress me .
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."