Thread: AGI for 2009

AGI for 2009

The amount you can earn and still draw SSDI changes with the cost of living. Does anyone know what it will be increased to in 2009? I haven't seen it announced anywhere. I called SS today for another reason and asked them this question also. The random person that answered the phone said what is AGI? I tried to explain, they put me on hold. Magically I was disconnected.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    The amount you can earn and still draw SSDI changes with the cost of living. Does anyone know what it will be increased to in 2009? I haven't seen it announced anywhere. I called SS today for another reason and asked them this question also. The random person that answered the phone said what is AGI? I tried to explain, they put me on hold. Magically I was disconnected.
    I think you mean SGA(?) 'substantial gainful activity' for 2009 is , non blind: $980 blind: 1,640 .

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/sga.html

(AGI was gazillion dollar govt bail out for insurance company

I was thinking of adjusted gross income. Maybe that's why that guy was so confused. But I do have sga written on my paperwork so maybe I'm just dyslexic today. Too many acronyms. Thanks for the answer. So it only went up $40. That's $10 a week. That totally sucks. I can either get a raise in January which I deserve or not take it and keep my check. I hate this shit.

I thought that bail out was AIG? See too many letters.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.