Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T 11 Complete

T 11 Complete

I would like to meet and conversate with others with this injury. I am trying to help a friend with this injury adjust to his new life journey.
    Preferrably males

Thanks
    Last edited by babraham; 12-16-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: to add additional info

Why not ask your friend to join CC? If he's here he can ask his own questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Why not ask your friend to join CC? If he's here he can ask his own questions.
    I have told him about this site. I have also set him up with a user name and password. At the moment he is having major time management issues. He lives in a small community in which he was very popular and well liked.

He was in trauma at Jackson Miami as well as rehab. He just recently returned home and is still fielding visitors and family and friends so his days kinda gets away from him. Not to mention his BP days.

He has experienced one set back as it seems his heart is not functioning properly which landed him in the emergency room and an overnight stay.

I am sure he will get on here eventually. I just thought I could find others like him and see how they handle some of their challenges.

Also I am just very interested in knowing about his injury because I really want to do all I can to help him.

You are a good friend to want to educate yourself about his injury and to help him. Welcome to care cure and the same to your friend.

Best of luck, but I am not a male. Welcome and hope you find what you are looking for.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Welcome aboard. Sounds as though you're a good friend to look for info for him until he gets here.

From what you've written he's having setback after setback for now. Hopefully his medical condition will stabilize and then, he can focus on recovery.

I'd read where he became paralyzed by GSW. There are others here who also acquired SCI in the same way, both male and female. Given time he may wish to talk with them about how it happened.

If you are a caregiver there is also a private Caregivers Forum so you can go there to ask questions and have discussions in private with other caregivers away from those of us with SCI.

BTW, I'm female, not male.

i have a t11 complete injury also. the key to dealing with your friend is treating him the same way you did prior to his injuries. this is very important. depression usually sets in a little while a person gets paralyzed having to face the realities of his/her new life. it can be very overwhelming. im blessed because my family and friends were very supportive of me and they treating me like i was the same ole me. My first two years i had many accidental bowel movements which is very demoralizing even though i was on a BP. My friends and family acted like it was just part of life, which was just what the doctor ordered. If you have questions i will not hesitate to answer them.

T-9 complete male here 2 years post sci... Your a great friend man. Alot of them leave when things like this happen. Glad you stayed for your friend. Any questions dont hesitate to ask...

Quote Originally Posted by babraham View Post
    I would like to meet and conversate with others with this injury. I am trying to help a friend with this injury adjust to his new life journey.
    Preferrably males

Thanks
    Hi Babraham,

I think if you check out my personal info, you will find I am what you seek.

Please feel free to ask away in this forum or PM me if the issues get too personal for public viewing (yet). I think you will find all the answers you seek in this site.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    I'd read where he became paralyzed by GSW. There are others here who also acquired SCI in the same way, both male and female. Given time he may wish to talk with them about how it happened.

If you are a caregiver there is also a private Caregivers Forum so you can go there to ask questions and have discussions in private with other caregivers away from those of us with SCI.

BTW, I'm female, not male.
    LaMemChose,
    I don't follow what you are saying in the first statement.
    He was shot in the back. this is why I am looking for people here with his type of injury so when he gets here I can introduce him to those people.

I am not a caregiver. I don't live close to him. We talk by phone. I did visit him and spend a weekend with him at rehab so I was able to see all that he has to go through. I helped out as much as I could while I was there.