Thread: Tilite questions...footplate...fold down push handles

Tilite questions...footplate...fold down push handles

I'm trying to order a new ZRA. Contacted customer service over phone and email and still not sure about my questions.

How wide is the flat abs cover does anyone know?

I'm deciding whether I want to taper my footrest width to 9" or 11". I think the 9" or 11" spec is the length between the inside of one tube to the inside of the opposite. But what will the flat cover be in dimensions? If it's too much shorter than 9" then it probably won't even be wide enough for shoes!

Also, has anyone used the fold down push handles with a Jetstream Pro Back?

The mounting hardware on my back is only a few inches lower than the top of the back posts. Wouldn't this make it so the handles couldn't fully fold down because the hardware/clamps are in the way???

Thanx! I really need help before I can submit my order. I was told by customer service they can't help me with measurements... that this is all the job of a DME, but there isn't a Tilite rep in my area and I really need to order ASAP.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    I'm trying to order a new ZRA. Contacted customer service over phone and email and still not sure about my questions.

How wide is the flat abs cover does anyone know?

I'm deciding whether I want to taper my footrest width to 9" or 11". I think the 9" or 11" spec is the length between the inside of one tube to the inside of the opposite. But what will the flat cover be in dimensions? If it's too much shorter than 9" then it probably won't even be wide enough for shoes!

Also, has anyone used the fold down push handles with a Jetstream Pro Back?

The mounting hardware on my back is only a few inches lower than the top of the back posts. Wouldn't this make it so the handles couldn't fully fold down because the hardware/clamps are in the way???

Thanx! I really need help before I can submit my order. I was told by customer service they can't help me with measurements... that this is all the job of a DME, but there isn't a Tilite rep in my area and I really need to order ASAP.
    November - my footplate spacing is 9 inches, and I believe that is measured from the insides of the down tubes. My abs cover has no more than a quarter of inch difference on either side before the down tubes. Most of my feet fit on the cover...with only the outside part of the shoe hanging off it.

My fiance has the flip down handles with a jetstream pro back...only on a Quickie GT. If it is anything like that, his fold down handles folds all the way with no interference from the back or the canes. Again, it is on a GT, but I wanted to offer that anyways.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    November - my footplate spacing is 9 inches, and I believe that is measured from the insides of the down tubes. My abs cover has no more than a quarter of inch difference on either side before the down tubes. Most of my feet fit on the cover...with only the outside part of the shoe hanging off it.

My fiance has the flip down handles with a jetstream pro back...only on a Quickie GT. If it is anything like that, his fold down handles folds all the way with no interference from the back or the canes. Again, it is on a GT, but I wanted to offer that anyways.
    Thank you so much! My current chair has a 11" footrest so the actual tubular part you put your feet on is about 9" wide. I'm concerned 9" or less will be too narrow, but maybe not if you can pull it off. I have narrow feet and most of my shoes are narrow too. Don't wear big clunky ones.

Does your fiance have a low back or the regular one? Where is his mounting hardware located? I have four clamps. Two on top on each side and two below the rigidizer bar on each side.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Does your fiance have a low back or the regular one? Where is his mounting hardware located? I have four clamps. Two on top on each side and two below the rigidizer bar on each side.
    He has the regular one (not the 10 inch like I do), and he also has 4 clamps...two on top and 2 lower...I believe below the rigidizer bar but I would need to look at his chair to make sure and he is at work. Sounds like it is set up the same as yours.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss