Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fever or no fever??

Fever or no fever??

So...... what could it possibly mean when you swear to God that you are running a fever and you check your temp and its normal. Yet you have all of the same symptoms that you get when you actually have a fever???

Becky,
    Chicago
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Sounds just like a hot flash from hormonal fluctuations. Sometime your get red faced, and sweat a little, or neither. Sometimes it is just a feeling of burning up that lasts for only a few minutes, with no real change in temp. Mine was a feeling of heat around my neck and upper chest but that was menopause, and you are far too young for that. Maybe your hormones are out of whack?

When are you going to get a break, kid?

i have been having the same problem lately , my face is burning up, flushed , i have to have a fan on it at home. i am out side in a t shirt , i am alwats over heating.
    i think it was withdrawals
    cauda equina

it is fever even if you do not have temp i call it internal fever

Quote Originally Posted by doha View Post
    it is fever even if you do not have temp i call it internal fever
    What can you do about it?

Becky
    since 1/3/04

same kind of thing for me. doc tested my thyroid, but the levels are fine. it is visibly large though. I have had hair and weight loss too. you? I actually do have a fever of 99-101 almost all of the time, and it happens every time after just walking a few feet. does your heart beat crazy too. it can happen just rolling over in bed too. has it ever made you pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    same kind of thing for me. doc tested my thyroid, but the levels are fine. it is visibly large though. I have had hair and weight loss too. you? I actually do have a fever of 99-101 almost all of the time, and it happens every time after just walking a few feet. does your heart beat crazy too. it can happen just rolling over in bed too. has it ever made you pass out.
    Not really weight loss but I should be larger for what I eat. My hair is much thinner then it used to be. I can't really blame age for that either. I have funky heart rhythms anyway so I don't know if its caused from that or just because my heart is bad. Haven't passed out yet. Really would like to avoid that.

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Are you sure you don't have fever? My temperatur is at least 2 degrees under normal so when I am normal, I have fever. Normally people have 37C but I have only 35,3C. My children are the same, my oldest got fever cramps at 38C when he was small. They could hardly believe at at the E.R.

But when I read you latest post it sounds like you have high tyroid, you shoud go to your doctor for a blood test of your tyroid levels. I have had high and now after treatment I have low, and here we say people with SCI gets tyroid trouble more easy than other people.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I normally do run a lower then "normal" temp usually about 97.5F. I normally don't start feeling like I even have a fever until it gets about 101F. I know thats bad. When I checked about an hour ago it was 98.1F. So no fever either way you slice it. If an over-active thyroid is keeping me skinny do I really want to fix that?

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Yes, you want to fix that. It is dangerous for your heart, it is working to hard.

Google hypertyreosis and you find something. I find it difficult to read English medical pages, I read only Norwegians
    TH 12, 43 years post