Thread: What workout did you do today?

1 hour on the Vitaglide! I'm on a roll and feeling FANTASTIC!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Santa left a new computer for my bike under the tree! It's a Sigma with HR monitor. So I installed it, set it up and got on my bike. I max at 118bpm and averaged 100bpm over the period of an hour. I realized that I had been spinning in way to low of a gear and I shifted up to 6th of 9 on the small derailleur ( is that correct?) and I always ride on my middle chainring. I did some sprints with 1 or 2 minute rests and try to keep it up at 110bpm for a good 15 minutes. Any suggestions? I've been using the training guide on Carlos Moleda's website, but I haven't established the zones. I don't know my max HR so I'm using the old 220-my age (39). I see some started a thread about this and I'm going to post there too. Keep up the good work WolfeMan!
    "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Got up this morning and within 5 minutes of being awake I got into an argument with my wife........so before my morning coffee, breffus, etc, I went into the work out room and turned on Dog the Bounty Hunter and did the Vitaglide for an hour. I physically feel better, but it looks like it's gonna be a long day.......maybe the Vitaglide will get used again today!
    Larry
    ------

rock on guys. wolfe, you are changing your life.

me, i am on my 2 week hiatus i take every year. i always take off week of xmas an new years. give the body a nice needed break,. back at it monday and 1st skiing outing sunday.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

30 mins of cardio this morning and planning on light weights and multiple sets this afternoon. Syntha-6 should be in today!
    C5-6 - 22 years

fuente - I did the same thing - took 2 to 3 weeks off around thanksgiving. It lets any chronic or developing overuse injuries to settle down and gives you psychological freshness to attack the next season.

2 days ago - did a 'double' workout. 3.5 hours of crutch snowshoeing and then followed it with a 1.75 hour nordic sitski. That's what I'm talkin' about , yeah.... ! !

Here is a picture of these new forearm crutches that I am beta testing for a company that will bring 'sport' crutches to the market. They are mainly for the high AKA amputee market but I guess there are some walking paras like me who could benefit from them.

1 hr. spinning on the handbike. Spent 15 doing 1 minute sprints with 1 minute rests. I am spent.
    "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Post View Post
    1 hr. spinning on the handbike. Spent 15 doing 1 minute sprints with 1 minute rests. I am spent.
    Ouchies.... 1 on 1 off, thats tough!

Gym this morning, usual session, single leg press (concentric and dynamic), single leg smith machine bulgarian squats, swiss ball back and arm extensions, lat pulls downs and some core work, then 1.5 hrs on the road bike with 3*5 min at threshold HR. NY eve here so about to head out and watch some fireworks then an early night and early morning training to see in the NY.

1 hour on the Vitaglide.
    Larry
    ------

2 hours of shoveling snow, a shovel-ready job if ever there were one.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!