Page 67 of 497 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Here is a summit photo of Lake Tahoe and Cascade lake. Also, Emerald Bay.This was 7 plus hours of crutch walking/scrambling. Needless to say, I am cooked today and using the W/C all day.
    I did drag myself up at 530am to join my handcyling bro's for a 3 hour ride this am. Okay now I will rest all weekend....

i did 240 reps of bi + triceps curls -10lb per arm-,
    FES 30min
    rowing 2200meters
    armbike 20min
    stood up 30min
    tummy crunches 90 reps...
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Here is a summit photo of Lake Tahoe and Cascade lake. Also, Emerald Bay.This was 7 plus hours of crutch walking/scrambling. Needless to say, I am cooked today and using the W/C all day.
    I did drag myself up at 530am to join my handcyling bro's for a 3 hour ride this am. Okay now I will rest all weekend....
    That is a great view Arn. Thnx for showing.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyang View Post
    Nice work Jon !

Tried out diamox (acetazolamide) last weekend to see if I can get over the out of breath feeling I have above about 12000'.. so far it hasn't really helped much. Generally when I climb peaks above this elevation I'm really dragging. It wasn't always so. Someone suggested that I might be anemic, so I have a blood test scheduled for Thursday.

Bear Creek Spire (13714') yesterday -

Climbed the northeast ridge (old school sierra class 4) solo. I did this route in 2007, about 4 days before my accident .. I felt a lot stronger then. This time I was stopping constantly to catch my breath.. I know I'm weaker in general as a result of SCI, but reaction to altitude ?
    After seeing this mountain view rhyang, I was more thinking about Mount Sinai hospital Great going.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Yesterday - crutch walked/climbed Tallac Peak. 9.5 miles round trip. 3500 ft of climbing. Joyous to be back in the 'mountain environment' which I had loved so dearly pre SCI.
    Sweet

Man, you guys climb more mountains than my (increasingly lazy) AB friends! I've been getting mine too, spent the weekend crawling through the forest and summit ridges. Nothing like peeling your sorry, stiff self out of the tent and onto the bike to start your day. Was the first time I've been able to camp far off the beaten trail and not be parked in my chair in impassible terrain like grandma!

Great shots , Alpentalic. So you mountain on offed in somewhere and others brought camping gear? Is that picture where you camped? Nice terrain, So far, I have only done day hikes. I haven't done an overnighter or slept outside on the ground away from the car in 7 years. I guess I could now. Good for you ! I am next !

took a weekend off for rest, recuperation and Angel food Distribution yesterday was legs, squats, then heavy incline leg presses, did 16 45 lb plates for 10 reps, only felt a little back pressure on the last 2-3 reps so my strengthening exercises are working.

capped it with supersets of seated and standing calf raises.

b

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Great pics. In all my travels for work or otherwise, from Mount McKinley to the Florida Keys, there is no grander place that I have found, than the Lake Tahoe area.
    Damn good job fellows.

Still pounding out 3 plus hours of reps with doubled, extra heavy therabands.
    Would like to get Body by Jake Tower 200 that attach├ęs to door but too costly at $175.00
    Last edited by forestranger52; 08-25-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Woah, nice pics alpentalic

My lab test results came back all normal .. I guess I'm just getting old, tired and weak Four and a half hours at the climbing gym last night w/30 mins on the elliptical. Felt very beat afterwards. Went for a mountain bike ride on Monday evening.