Page 59 of 497 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    dude how good is your balance & hand function? I'd love one of those bikes but I'm skeptical about being able to maintain balance @ C6/7.
    I'm pretty incomplete with decent core strength/tri's and left hand function. As it comes, it would be a real challenge to use if I was complete. It's a challenge to get on and off and would get uncomfortable if you couldn't sit up off the chest-rest. The gearing and controls could be adapted with a little ingenuity.

Mike Augspurger who hand makes them is a pretty talented and approachable guy. Who knows, he very likely might take adaptive ideas and custom build something for you.

awesome, how bout few w/ u on it.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic View Post
    I'm pretty incomplete with decent core strength/tri's and left hand function. As it comes, it would be a real challenge to use if I was complete. It's a challenge to get on and off and would get uncomfortable if you couldn't sit up off the chest-rest. The gearing and controls could be adapted with a little ingenuity.

Mike Augspurger who hand makes them is a pretty talented and approachable guy. Who knows, he very likely might take adaptive ideas and custom build something for you.
    Thanks

Yeah, it's my core that'd be a dealbreaker. I can't sit up from a forward-leaning position w/o pushing up on something w/ my arms. My triceps are decent, yet not 100%, and I can finagle a lot of things w/ my paws. Maybe I'll drop Mike a line, although I have a hunch that anything custom is well outside of my budget right now.

somewhat related: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=118505

a fine day out canoeing & fishing - got this sweet rainbow!

Nice everyone -
    I am in Telluride Colorado. Crutched walked up Bear Creek to the Falls - about a 1200 ft climb, I am working my ass off as my family strolls up the trail. Felt like a great achievement though - couldn't have done it without the spine revision surgery 14 months ago. More Telluride fun and hiking to come...

Telluride is awesome. I'm green with envy.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Nice everyone -
    I am in Telluride Colorado. Crutched walked up Bear Creek to the Falls - about a 1200 ft climb, I am working my ass off as my family strolls up the trail. Felt like a great achievement though - couldn't have done it without the spine revision surgery 14 months ago. More Telluride fun and hiking to come...
    Wow, very impressive.

Today / actually yesterday I did lot's of standing stretches and just have lot's goingon in my gymn room with my home care nurses etc.... but in about 8 Day's i'll be back to my ornery old self hopefully lol
    And i'll start crunches I need to work my abs badly my pt therapist is no longer with me so for last 7 months i've been cardio training on my own
    Ever since these IV treatments that take us 2 hours to get done I feel so tired from the Antibiotics and i'm just not up to par for a while I got 6 more days of IV home Treatment before I can work my butterfly Arm Hydro Resistance routine again I cant wait .
    Everyday I go on my Leg flex hydrogymn and do 150 resistance leg stretches and it's fun to me I have it set @ 5 the max level is 6 and thats my story and im stikin to it lol hugs
    Have a good day
    Sincerely
    Gypsylady

Hi Level Cauda Equina, played a few holes of golf, stretching, extremely painfulbut fulfilling!!

bill

4.5 hour hike in Telluride - crutch walking - drove to Bridal Veil Falls then hiked 2000 ft climb above there to Blue Lake at 12,300 ft. The mountain flowers were GOING OFF - peaking. Words will not describe what we saw. I have never seen Colorado mountain flowers like that. The fact that I can hike this with crutches and not be too trashed is so triumphant for me. Arguably the best day post injury in 7 years I have had. To simply hike and see what we saw .... I don't have words. Here I am with my 18 year old son..... more pictures next post