Page 5 of 497 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Way to rock n' roll workout fiends.

45 minutes chair dancing
    30 minutes standing

Yowser ForestRanger on 3 hours of Theraband work. WTG!

Oh, and soon to be Dr. Danine. Glad you found your way to the pool again. Yay!!!

Question on the Therabands. Are the Tbands okay to use each day? I alternate weights, but I'd like to use the bands each day. Yay or nay?

Yesterday, shoulders- Militaries, front, lateral, bentover raises, seated dip machine. In a bout an hour, cardio and abs. Thursday back work and Bi's

yesterday:
    10 min stair climber in harness - motorized
    30 min strength training - lower body and core (nautalis machines)
    10 min rowing machine - all me
    15 min strength training - left arm and a bit of right shoulder when it felt like joining in
    10 min arm bike - 5 min forward/5 min backward
    45 min flyball practice with my dogs - more work than all the rest combined!
    20 min Estim on right arm

I have been working out every 3 days and found that to work best for me. I work out hard the day of my workout and usually late afternoon/early evening. what I find is that the day after my workout my spasticity is gone but my legs are too weak to walk and my neuro pain is a bit worse BUT the following 2 days my spasticity is perfect for walking without bothering me the rest of the time and my neuro pain is almost gone and I feel terrific. so 2 out of 3 days my body is cooperative.
    when I was working out every 2nd day I never got to the "good" days.

PS - I had cheesecake and eggnog for breakfast this morning so maybe I better fit another workout in somewhere! the holidays are so hard on the waistline!
    C3/4 Brown Sequard

alex - that is great - you really are creative and go after the muscles that want to cooperate in a lot of ways. I can relate to increase in NP pain from working out, TMAZ had a thread about that recently called Exercise--Pain , I think.

Wednesday workout
    65 min elliptical trainer avg hr 120bpm
    30 min stationary recumb. bike avg hr 109bpm
    35 min handcycle on mag trainer in garage interval w/o 1 min on/1 min off x 10, 10 min warmup and cool down
    walk up 2 flights of stairs holding on banister.

For those who are unfamiliar with interval training ( I apologize to those who know) , here is what a interval workout looks like. 1 min very hard effort, alternating with 1 min rest. Repeat 10 times with 10 min. warm up and cool down. I can't fully recover in a minute so you see a nice trend upward of heart rates. I am happy with it although next time, I can push it harder....
    It is a great way to get a quality workout in a short amount of time plus it is more interesting than just grinding along listening to the garage freezer hum.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    LaMemChose. Therabands used heavily tear muscles as just any strength equipment. People can just use them for stretching and such but if you go heavy, every other day is best.
    I wish like heck that I had room for better equipment like a uppertone or equivalent.
    If there was something small maybe I could fit it in.
    Good luck

Dam good job, arndog.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

I did my workout on Monday but rugby was cancelled last night and I skipped today cause of finals this week. And I feel like shit cause of it to be honest.
    -------7-23-04----------
    C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
    www.darrentempleton.com
    www.pushtowalknj.org

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Wednesday workout
    65 min elliptical trainer avg hr 120bpm
    30 min stationary recumb. bike avg hr 109bpm
    35 min handcycle on mag trainer in garage interval w/o 1 min on/1 min off x 10, 10 min warmup and cool down
    walk up 2 flights of stairs holding on banister.

For those who are unfamiliar with interval training ( I apologize to those who know) , here is what a interval workout looks like. 1 min very hard effort, alternating with 1 min rest. Repeat 10 times with 10 min. warm up and cool down. I can't fully recover in a minute so you see a nice trend upward of heart rates. I am happy with it although next time, I can push it harder....
    It is a great way to get a quality workout in a short amount of time plus it is more interesting than just grinding along listening to the garage freezer hum.
    I had to cut wood for a fire because someone stole my wood. "You know your in the hood when your Bro steals your wood." - I was up at 4:30 took a nap from six to seven . I went to work at 7:20 arrive and worked from 8:00 to 4:30. I arrive home at 5:00 and cut some wood for the fireplace. Working out helps. I started the computer and went to CC because the connection was responding. I like to have a schedule so I can make my everyday jobs disappear.

nordic skiing today 45 - 60 min
    3 sets of ab crunches on a ball

usually, i swim or cycle for 30 min
    abduction reps with theraband
    one knee down or tall kneeling for gluts (hopefully) and balance
    stretch and cruise around the house holding on to wall and counter-tops when i can
    but damn, this thread makes me feel lazy! = )

1 hour straight (19-21 miles) on my RECK MOTOmed stationary bike. Level 8
    resistance for those who may know the different levels on them.

No weights today, the trainer cancelled. Probably won't lift until Monday.

I usually lift 3 days a week, but do an hour a day on my bike and few sets of
    pull-ups.

Never a minute of working out without NO-Xplode.