Page 497 of 497 FirstFirst ... 397447487488489490491492493494495496497
Results 4,961 to 4,968 of 4968

Thread: What workout did you do today?

SHE GREAT FRIENDS ROADE 4 5 MILES OUT FOR A while feel like.... c

Mine is moving my left leg forward, to the side and backwards 20x each. That's for my hip replacement. No exercises I can do for my spine.

Little running and walking in the morning. It makes me fresh and keep me active all day.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasscholler View Post
    Little running and walking in the morning. It makes me fresh and keep me active all day.
    What is your disability? You know that these forums are primarily for those with spinal cord injury/disease (which for most, does not allow them to walk or run)?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I am up to about 12 miles a day but I have 2 do it 1 time a lunch and other after 5pm sholders arms are body sore but I wioll I hope get more fit riding my bike

I've ramped up my rides to 8 miles a day this summer. If i keep up my same eating habits (1500-3000 calories per day) would i still see some weight loss? Or would i need to adjust my calorie intake as well?

I have been injured 10 years roughly and didn't do any kind of exercise for the first 8 years. (besides doing my day to day running around and chores)
    In this time frame i have slowly been putting on weight. I have went from 180(2008) to 225(now).

I'm hoping with the added exercise i can shed a few pounds, but i'm thinking it might be more of a wash and keep me from gaining any extra weight? I really didn't want to adjust my eating habits (haha). I cant seem to find the self control for that, but i guess that might be my only option.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz1989 View Post
    I've ramped up my rides to 8 miles a day this summer. If i keep up my same eating habits (1500-3000 calories per day) would i still see some weight loss? Or would i need to adjust my calorie intake as well?

I have been injured 10 years roughly and didn't do any kind of exercise for the first 8 years. (besides doing my day to day running around and chores)
    In this time frame i have slowly been putting on weight. I have went from 180(2008) to 225(now).

I'm hoping with the added exercise i can shed a few pounds, but i'm thinking it might be more of a wash and keep me from gaining any extra weight? I really didn't want to adjust my eating habits (haha). I cant seem to find the self control for that, but i guess that might be my only option.
    learn to substitute ex I love ice cream I make my own is it blue bell no but it tasty I use dry milk 3 cups = 240 cal splash vinal 15 cal fake sugar no cal 1/4 cup cooca 40 cal 280 cal for 3 cups of ice cream

I use low fat greek yougart in place of oil or shortening or if I am making dressing or dip

Does playing 8 ball and snooker count as exercise? I think that it might.
    My wife and I meet up with two good friends for lunch at the local Cosmopolitan club every Tuesday. The meals are good, the conversation is always ready, interesting and flowing.
    After lunch we retire (?) to the pool tables for a game or three of doubles.
    Shooting from my chair poses its own handicaps and solutions. The amount of maneuvering with cue in hand over carpeted floor to see the lay of the table and to get into position for my shot is a workout in itself.
    It is more than rewarded when that ball sets into the pocket and I have lined up for my next attempt. There is lots of laughter too due to our often poor performance.
    We know how beneficial laughter is so it is another plus, right?.
    Next week I am taking an extra cushion to get some elevation; maybe it will improve my game??
    The weather is rubbish here at the moment and I am eagerly waiting for a clean day to venture out again on the Shadow. I am thinking that maybe we will catch the train into town and cycle the waterfront.
    First, I need to discover if I can get access to a McDonalds on my handcycle for the necessary cath stops.