Thread: What workout did you do today?

getting out of the power chair and cruising around the house in the manual whipping 360s is an excellent work out before bed

https://youtu.be/07C4ALxKkDc
    C5/6 23 years post injury.
    Author of Twisted Consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Dan F View Post
    2 good trike rides this weekend. Next weekend I'm going up to the Shenandoah National Park to ride the trike on the Skyline Drive for a couple of days. Amazing road that spans the ridge of the Blue Ridge through the park. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. I have a good AB friend who seems to actually enjoy riding trikes who is going to ride with me.
    I would love to join you on that ride, Dan F. I used to float the Shenandoah River as a teenager, fishing upwards to 20 miles a day for smallies. Beautiful country to ride in. Sure hope you will post some pictures.

I'm back at work full-time after a four-month sabbatical and its' kicking my butt. Still trying to stay active after 8 and 9 hour work days with travel on the horizon. Usually take a walking break at noon, a 1/4 mile walk down to the Spokane River and back.

Last evening: Quick 10 mile ride on the e-bike yesterday late afternoon. 1 hour of peddling.
    Two evenings ago: Upper body workout at the gym, plus 15 minutes on the stationary bike and 1 mile walking on the indoor suspended track (we have a fancy, $32 million Kroc center in CdA, ID and its great when I can't get out).
    CCS/Walking Quad

I got in 3hrs on the Arizona Trail, which runs all the way from Utah to Mexico, 869mi total = it's right by my house
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    omg, I love lizards! What a cutie!
    Steve have you got a video of a ride on that trail?

I got out on the One-Off for a couple of hours yesterday. That was my first time using chest steering since breaking six ribs at the end of June. Leaning left on the steering pad was more tentative than usual and some rocky/bumpy sections of track that are normally fast, were more cautious than normal to let my cribs in gently but it was good to be out in the woods and off the roads and I feel reassured that I can start to push to regain some fitness now.

Hey, Revis, I feel your pain! I'm back at work part time. It's an adjustment for sure.

After years of talking about it (thanks, Patrick!) I finally bought a new handcycle. I may not be faster, but I figure I look faster!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi All, just checking in. I'm glad you're all out triking, biking, kayaking, racing.... I love to read about your adventures. I've been kayaking some but daily life is my major fitness. I'm between contract work for a short time, so have been getting home projects done. They kick my butt more than anything. I'll probably be back at work soon. Revis, I hear you on the work front. Very hard to have energy for anything else.

Kudos to all of you who wring the most out of life, no matter what your situation might be!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I got out on the One-Off for a couple of hours yesterday. That was my first time using chest steering since breaking six ribs at the end of June. Leaning left on the steering pad was more tentative than usual and some rocky/bumpy sections of track that are normally fast, were more cautious than normal to let my cribs in gently but it was good to be out in the woods and off the roads and I feel reassured that I can start to push to regain some fitness now.
    I've broke all mine front & back & split my sternum………they will find their happy place, but it takes awhile.

The intercostal spaces hurt the worst/longest - I still have some broken ones.

It'll sort itself out, but it will take time & be uncomfortable at 1st = keep at it within reason!

moving around in the standing table is an awesome work out before bed

https://youtu.be/0GeBcjzGbcM
    C5/6 23 years post injury.
    Author of Twisted Consequences