Thread: What workout did you do today?

Sounds lovely, Dan--we are all so fortunate to still be here and enjoying the smallest details of life, yes? I enjoy reading all the posts and seeing everyone's photos.
    Today is my 45 year SCI anniversary--time flies...I did 55 minutes of pool time today, excelsior!

I love the handcycle. After the never ending bug I am working my way back to the handcycle with a table top UBE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan F View Post
    4 year anniversary this weekend:

A day of reflection for us all, a date we wish had no significance.

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    A day of reflection for us all, a date we wish had no significance.
    Well said, garro ... DanF, your lyrical prose describing the bike ride back in 1984 is almost poetry. I've had moments like that: windsurfing up and down large swell while scanning the green hills of the central coast of CA; busting 2 feet of fresh pow through the trees on N. ID mountains and shuffling through fallen leaves while hunting squirrel as a teenager in N. VA.
    CCS/Walking Quad

More Labor Day triking. Beautiful 20 mile ride on the Virginia Capital Trail.

Revis and Steve - thanks for the thoughts. Those of us on this forum certainly seem to be searching for those moments as best we can.
    Last edited by Dan F; 09-07-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan F View Post
    Revis and Steve - thanks for the thoughts. Those of us on this forum certainly seem to be searching for those moments as best we can.
    You take it where you can find it, the key is to be DIF-abled, not DIS-abled.

I used to MTB around 10,000mi a year - I missed it like crazy, then I cleared my mind and substituted those things I can do now.

I still cherish all the Mountain Bike memories I have from the past, but I do not compare my now to then - most unhappiness comes from comparison - self induced suffering as the Buddhists would tell you.

Now is pretty damn good when the pain veil is up???plus I get to go to Baja in five weeks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My wife and I spent three days biking in the Hood River, OR area. This is the second time we have done a riding trip there. It's a beautiful place. We did 40, 27 and 43 mile days.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Out for 3hrs, 900ft climb

An hour on the treadmill today. Worked with hand and leg weights yesterday and think I overdid a bit. Hip is complainin' tonight...but I'm not.

Truly - good to hear about what you're doing.

Cajun - looks beautiful there. I'm jealous.

Steve - another great ride. Your dog definitely is amazing. I agree, the now is what we've got and it's pretty damn good.

2 good trike rides this weekend. Next weekend I'm going up to the Shenandoah National Park to ride the trike on the Skyline Drive for a couple of days. Amazing road that spans the ridge of the Blue Ridge through the park. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. I have a good AB friend who seems to actually enjoy riding trikes who is going to ride with me.