Thread: What workout did you do today?

Name:  IMG_8965.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  158.7 KB

I have also been harvesting fruit, canning & drying plums, peaches, apricots and canning salsa, as well as making bikes = check this one out, built from scratch!

8hrs of paddling in the last week - Also, if this thread doesn't pick up I'll have to move on………..

Last week my husband and I drove from Colorado to northern California to ride in the Eagle Cycling Club's Tour of Napa Valley. I rode the 35 mile option. We got underway at about 7:30 am. The first 25 miles were gravy, and then the heat hit. By the time we finished, it was 104 degrees! Still good fun and it was great to meet up with California friends and ride with them.

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    8hrs of paddling in the last week - Also, if this thread doesn't pick up I'll have to move on???..
    I hope not. Just because I can't get out and enjoy the exercise you all do, does not mean I don't enjoy watching what can be accomplished by those who can.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I hope not. Just because I can't get out and enjoy the exercise you all do, does not mean I don't enjoy watching what can be accomplished by those who can.
    me to love the picture

but I am getting tire of exercising seems I can/t get fit. I hand crak every day but I can.t seem to get past 3 minutes at 1 time but I do about 45 to 1 hr aday

maybe I am just getting old

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    maybe I am just getting old
    We all are - I'm cool with "I washed the dishes today" because I know how damn hard that can be for a person, many days myself included.

I just can't be the only guy, it's lonely.

Have you considered how hot it is? Maybe everyone else is avoiding the heat.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I braved the smoke from the forest fires today and went riding with some old friends. At 5.5 years out it has gotten easier to ride with them, and I can even ride next to them for a while instead of hanging on for dear life in their draft. Today we did 40 miles at 16.8 mph and 119 heart rate. Three years ago we did the same ride at 14.9 mph and my heart rate was 135. Hallelujah.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Hung out laundry yesterday. Okay, wouldn't even register in most people's book but required three trips to the basement, then hauling a heavy bag of laundry upstairs, getting the laundry line hung and tightened and then hanging laundry with crazy balance. These days, I'm doing most everything the ABs do, but requiring a lot more effort. It's just not report-worthy compared to the amazing things you all manage. Even though I don't post much, I still enjoy keeping up with everyone.

Built myself a set of dip bars

https://www.facebook.com/mark.fenton...9/?pnref=story

This was my first attempt, I'm up to 3 sets of 10 now, and working on my form to stop myself from swinging around so much. I also use this....

https://www.facebook.com/mark.fenton...9/?pnref=story

with my ever so helpful gym buddy!!!
    Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never Ever drink and derive!.