Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    How'd you know? Did it three more times, two in the rain. But a boys got to go party.
    That's the spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    That's the spirit!
    Where are you paddleing? I lived in Glenwood Sprs and don't think I ever saw a piece of water big enough to run a scull on. Or if there was the wind probably blew down a canyon live the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Where are you paddleing? I lived in Glenwood Sprs and don't think I ever saw a piece of water big enough to run a scull on. Or if there was the wind probably blew down a canyon live the devil.
    This is Union Reservoir in Longmont, on the Front Range. It's one of the few natural glacial lakes in Colorado. There's also rowing on Cherry Creek Reservoir in Denver, Boulder Reservoir, and Horsetooth Reservoir in Fort Collins, but Union Reservoir is wakeless, which is really nice.

Row the Rockies Regatta:
    Masters Womens 1x
    Novice Womens 2x (placed 3rd)
    Adaptive Mixed 2x (managed to miss our race but were allowed to run anyway)

Upshot: 1 medal (well, a pint glass), 3 finishes, no tipping (although my adaptive crewmate tipped in his prior race), no ramming :-)

I'm tireder now than I've been in a really long time.

Blog Entries
    Steve.
    Feel free to post more videos of your rides. They make me nostalgic for days of hiking mountains. As a former hiker, I really miss the beautiful views of the west when my family and I went out there before my accident. I ride my handcycle here in Ga. but my husband and I are thinking about trying to fly out to Crested Butte next year and renting one of their bikes to ride the trails around the adapted center-just to be able to see those mountains again!

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    my husband and I are thinking about trying to fly out to Crested Butte next year and renting one of their bikes to ride the trails around the adapted center-just to be able to see those mountains again!
    You would want to contact Meredith at the center I think, her fianc? Jake makes the hand cycles

Sorry been off the grid. Spending this week in Kiawah Island SC. 2 hour trike ride this AM and then crutch walking on the beach. First week off in over a year - have to do better in the near future. Still keeping up a good routine of activity and exercise.

Lately seems like I have one set of physical issues after another - SI joint strain that flattened me for about a week 2 months ago. Various other neck and back pain flare ups. They all usually seem self limited, but I always worry that one day one will be a sign of some inexorable decline. In spite of it all, still seem to be moving forward, albeit 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps backward.

Still checking in on everybody else's posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dan, sorry to hear you've been having a string of physical issues, and I hope they let up for you. You're looking good there on the beach, though!

Name:  IMG_0033.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  746.4 KBName:  IMG_0032.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  282.5 KBThanks Katya. Enjoyed seeing your rowing shots. Years ago I remember sailing a Sunfish on Boulder Reservoir.

Here are a few more shots from South Carolina. My wife and I went for a ride along the Kiawah River and marsh.