Thread: What workout did you do today?

vjls-I think most people are paras - incompletes and incomplete quads. A few people with MS. Everyone is welcome to post whatever your Spinal Cord level and mobility is.
    I'm an incomplete crutch walking L1 para with 8 level fusion from T11 to the pelvis. Chronic neuropathic pain, AFO on one foot, No sensation in either leg. Weak legs. Can 'hobble' with forearm crutches. Use W/C at home primarily. Not getting stronger... getting older.
    I see you were injured 2001 -so you are in year 14. I am in year 13 - injured 2/21/02
    Today - crutch walked .5 hr, elliptical trainer, Krankcycle.
    Kayak on Lake Tahoe tomorrow.
    Name:  IMG_0662.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  185.4 KB Here is my friend from last Sunday - in front of "Whale Rock" - you can see the spout and the tail... His boat was a 20 ft rocket ship - Glen - Steve Garro met him last year too....
    Name:  eeeeee.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  97.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    are you guys para's steve love the pictures
    Yep, unfortunately.

T11/T12/L1 with a C4/C5 fusion for good measure, plus just generally crushed like a grape - I have ummm, "Issues" you know??.

Mostly wheelchair nowadays, crutches when I need to, not very graceful or far.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    I'm an incomplete crutch walking L1 para with 8 level fusion from T11 to the pelvis. Chronic neuropathic pain, AFO on one foot, No sensation in either leg. Weak legs. Can 'hobble' with forearm crutches. Use W/C at home primarily. Not getting stronger... getting older.

Here is my friend from last Sunday - in front of "Whale Rock" - you can see the spout and the tail... His boat was a 20 ft rocket ship - Glen - Steve Garro met him last year too....
    Ditto on the "Older, not stronger" = but smarter, with more tricks…….

Me & Arndog are so different yet so the same, it's weird.
    My legs HURT all the time.

You & Glen should come out mid week on the week of 5/13 for lees Ferry!

On the One-Off yesterday. Up a hill called Skiddaw. We had planned a longer route but the weather intervened so we just went up and down. 6 hours up and 30 minutes down. When we set off it was low cloud, fairly soon after it started to rain. We got a bit higher and that turned to sleet. More height and it turned to snow. For the summit section the cloud had cleared and the snow melted fast but the wind-chill still meant that it felt well below freezing on the summit. The descent was excellent. More pictures to follow:
    Name:  Skiddaw 2 (655x800).jpg
Views: 233
Size:  144.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    On the One-Off yesterday. Up a hill called Skiddaw. 6 hours up and 30 minutes down.
    What kind of distance is that?

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    What kind of distance is that?
    Steve, it was only about 11km round trip but that included about 2200 feet of ascent, a lot of it pretty steep ground on a loose surface that was difficult to get grip on. Because of wheel-spin, to make progress you had to pedal with one hand, in bottom gear and push with the other hand on one of the front wheels. Even large chunks of the fast bits of the climb needed you to just pedal away in bottom gear but at least there was no wheels-spin on the drive wheel, and you know what the bottom gear is like on a one-off. Some times you just needed a push from one of the AB's on the trip. This was one of the less steep/faster bits, once the weather had improved. The surface was similar on the steep bits, loose shale:
    Name:  Skiddaw (1).jpg
Views: 225
Size:  203.5 KB

The start of summer?
    Name:  Skiddaw (10).jpg
Views: 237
Size:  112.6 KB

Adrian - you are one bad-ass. That looks like a great suffer-fest - Good job. I am trying to figure out what planet you are on with that first picture with the greens and orange colors - really beautiful.

Today, I did get on Lake Tahoe - 30 miles in 8.5 hours in a 14 foot boat.. Didn't see anyone else all day. Didn't take any pictures. Same old beautiful alpine jewel...

Steve - I will look in to those dates - I'll call you....

Name:  IMG_3831.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  158.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Steve - I will look in to those dates - I'll call you....
    I'll ring you soon, I know D has your # - it should be totally excellent!

Name:  IMG_3967.JPG
Views: 254
Size:  121.8 KB

Here is one of Glen - man that was fun!

The dinner afterwards was just deeee-luxe

Was it just last year?!?!?

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder
    Not a para here, I have a neurological disorder. My legs are 90% paralyzed and my hands and arms are also effected, but less so. I have kayaking pics, too, these are from Lake Powell on an Adaptive Adventure houseboat trip last fall:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  239.3 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  180.6 KB