Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by Cjt8 View Post
    Doctor showed me my xray and asked when I broke my neck.
    Me too.

My SCI was when I was 37, nine + yrs ago - I had been running the blown C4/C5 since I was 14yrs old & got thrown on the back of my head, saw a big flash, super bad pain, it hurt me bad my whole life until my SCI and they found it.
    "How was he living this way?" they asked.
    Wife says:
    "He's always been in pain, he was thinking he may need to do something soon"

Yep.
    They plated that sucka right up in addition to T/11T12/L1 rods.

For any handcyclist looking for something to keep them moving during the winter, checkout trainerroad.com. There is a group called Go Hand Krankers started by a Reno guy. We are four weeks into a six week program and will start another when this is over.

You can join anytime. You need the following:

Indoor trainer
    Speed and cadence sensor.... or power meter
    Laptop with ANT+ usb antenna
    $10 a month for trainer road.

I prefer to be outside but this is working out great for me for winter training.

I don't stop by here too often but great to see all the regulars still going at it.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Went for a two hour hand cycle ride on my week off.
    Man……..I suck at holidays………I think I just bum everyone out - who wants to have a cripple to contemplate on a holiday?

Man, I mostly just hid and still pissed people off.

Would have gotten farther ahead in life just working the whole thing.

People don't "Get" what a life of pain is like.

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    Went for a two hour hand cycle ride on my week off.
    Man……..I suck at holidays………I think I just bum everyone out - who wants to have a cripple to contemplate on a holiday?

Man, I mostly just hid and still pissed people off.

Would have gotten farther ahead in life just working the whole thing.

People don't "Get" what a life of pain is like.
    The more that you have to complain about the less people like hearing about it and if you describe your problems people think you're whining, but if you don't they wonder you don't do more.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    The more that you have to complain about the less people like hearing about it and if you describe your problems people think you're whining, but if you don't they wonder you don't do more.
    ^^ Gets It ^^

Kayaking in Tahoe during storm. Couldn't get anyone else to go . Went by myself. Very beautiful.

Got out for three hoursName:  IMG_6434.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  187.5 KB

Was wondering if Arndog was out in the howling winds on Lake Tahoe yesterday trying to surf those big waves with his kayak? We're getting mostly rain up here and just about the time we have enough snow on the slopes to ski I'm either off working or it has turned to rain. El Nino is good for the CA drought and bad for the Northwest snow pack. My exercise of late is getting up and going to the office to work followed by a 2 mile walk in the dark when I return home.
    CCS/Walking Quad

RevisI did not go out the past 2 days - I was working while the storm raged. I would have liked to have seen 7-9 ft waves from the beach. Whoa. 4 days before , I did a solo overnight after paddling into the middle of the lake. It was incredibly calm.I was treated to an amazing sunset. But that would have been great to see the fury of the lake yesterday.Name:  aaaaaa.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  42.2 KBName:  ssssssss.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  64.8 KBName:  dddddd.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  14.7 KBfrost on the sleeping bag in the morningName:  fffffffffff.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  28.6 KBName:  qqqqqqq.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  117.1 KB

Not exactly a workout, but had a milestone of sorts this weekend. In my previous life - before med school and pediatrics - I was a Juilliard trained bassist. I had been slowly trying to get back to playing some since my accident, but hand tightness and spasticity made it slow going. However, things have improved and this weekend I played in public for the first time, the Messiah at Bruton Parish Church in Williamsburg.
    Attached Images Attached Images