Thread: What workout did you do today?

Sorefm - glad you are still hitting the road with all your biking
    Cjt8 - I had thai food in Flagstaff with Steve's Mrs. before the trip but missed seeing Steve. Then they were in Baha when I finished the trip….
    What have you been up to?

Ha ha!...finally got back to our local hospital's floor scale...with my last 18 months of stationary handcycle (50 mins a day at least 4 times a week with varying intensity and torque settings) I have dropped 12kgs or 26.5 pounds!. I have moved my bmi out of the "overweight" zone into "average" zone of 25!.

so in real terms I am now 84kgs (185.2 pounds). I was 96kgs!
    Last edited by WahWah; 10-26-2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: too pedantic
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Hooray, WahWah!

I did a fun 10K this past weekend with one other wheelchair racer.

Still pretty regular with my twice a week swimming program.
    Also try to get out on the mountain bike once a week.
    Photo of last weeks ride. The narrow single track is doable but, a lot of work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Love this picture of you, Jett. Wish I could get down that way with my bike and ride with you, although I'm pretty much out of shape right now. Have been traveling and working too much. My last trip near you was to Blackfoot, Idaho Falls and Pocatello about 8 weeks ago. Was in Boise two weeks ago. Someday we will have to meet up.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Cjt8 - I had thai food in Flagstaff with Steve's Mrs. before the trip but missed seeing Steve. Then they were in Baha when I finished the trip….
    Man, was I SICK!

That took me weeks to shake……..

Rowing one of those big boats is quite the workout, huh?
    A fully loaded one can go an easy 1500lbs………my hardest day was 28mi into a 20mph headwind……..GAH!

Baja was just magical……….not glad to be back at all.

Pics here, click on the 1st & scroll through

http://coconinocycles.blogspot.com/2...n-was-had.html

Name:  get-attachment-2.aspx.jpeg
Views: 135
Size:  136.3 KB

Nice ride on the Virginia Capital Trail, a soon to be finished 50 mile bike trail from Williamsburg/Jamestown to Richmond. This shot was from the Chickahominy Bridge. Next September the World Road Racing Cycling Championship will be in Richmond and this trail will be completed - potentially great event to see the likes of Tejay VanGarderen, et al, ride and get in some cycling as well.

Your photo blog from Baja was amazing Steve.

Steve - Great Baja photos - I really dig your new hat collection. You look like your in fish heaven. Makes me think of Robert Earl Keen's song, "Gringo Honeymoon". Not wanting to leave paradise.

Yes, it took a week to recover from rowing 1000 lbs plus boats as much as they let me. Ischial ulcer is healed finally, profound fatigue trying to hang with ABs, getting in and out of rafts with forearm crutches, and camp for 17 days without a wheelchair or help.
    Burned my thigh at home with a hot H20 bottle - blisters broke - jacked up the NP pain.

First snow in Reno/Tahoe. Trees still holding on to golden leaves - aspen and cottonwoods. Beautiful time of year. Will start paddling Tahoe now that there aren't any boats out….

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post

Yes, it took a week to recover from rowing 1000 lbs plus boats as much as they let me. Ischial ulcer is healed finally, profound fatigue trying to hang with ABs, getting in and out of rafts with forearm crutches, and camp for 17 days without a wheelchair or help.
    Burned my thigh at home with a hot H20 bottle - blisters broke - jacked up the NP pain.
    Sounds about right!

Went out an did some mountain biking today with PatD.
    We rode up to the start of the Forbidden Fruit flow trail and took the plunge.
    Had to be a little careful with the speed. The snow and ice made it a little tricky!
    Winter is creeping in but, only adds to the adventure!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1977 - C5 ambulating Quad