Thread: What workout did you do today?

After a fairly long trip (2+ weeks) during which I managed nothing athletic except sightseeing and a couple of push ups, I went out with a couple of buddies yesterday for a nice 13 mile handcycle ride. We got back just before the rain and lightning hit. It felt good to be doing something stretchy.

Name:  IMG_5361.JPG
Views: 210
Size:  142.4 KB
    Just got back from three days paddling - felt great!

Steve- thanks for reminding me with that photo why I like the Southwest desert so much…the color of the water reflecting that golden wall is great. See you next week!

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Steve- thanks for reminding me with that photo why I like the Southwest desert so much…the color of the water reflecting that golden wall is great. See you next week!
    Bring lots of rainy gear, we are 2x the yearly average, and it's dumping right now!

I have had a busy weekend. Yesterday I cycled for 7 hours on a mixture of small roads and forestry trails:
    Name:  Greenways.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  210.8 KB

This morning I did the Cardiff Half Marathon on a racing chair, 1hour 21 minutes. There were a couple of short steep up-hills at about 11 miles that felt a lot steeper than they should have done.

What bike is that, Adrian?

The bike is a Greenspeed - 1999 model. It won't do the same kind of trails as the One-off but it is good for easier off-road stuff. It is rear wheel drive, has a mountain drive, it is comfortable, turns in no space. It does the kind of off-road stuff in the picture below fairly well. It is better in Traffic than the One-off as you have better awareness of the cars around you.

Name:  IMGP0259 (2).JPG
Views: 164
Size:  162.9 KB

It was the first bike I got after breaking my back. It is not a great road bike, it is not good at really challenging tracks but it does both alright, so on a mixed ride it is good. They are well built and takes loads of abuse.

Name:  get-attachment.aspx.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  301.9 KB

Kayaking on College Creek in Tidewater, VA near Jamestown. Thanks for all the inspiration; not sure I would have gotten out here without it. Was on the water for about 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan F View Post
    Thanks for all the inspiration; not sure I would have gotten out here without it. Was on the water for about 3 hours.
    How did you like it?!?!?

Did my first century ride Saturday. No Hill Hundred in Fallon, NV. I was cranking for 7.5 hrs and had a moving average over 13mph. I had minor back surgery in May that had me out of commission for a couple of months. So pretty happy to get out and push myself. I was toast at the end of the ride, even without hills. Long sections with bumpy roads took a lot out of me. Overall a good event for adaptive cyclists though.

http://www.strava.com/activities/203389952
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community