Thread: What workout did you do today?

Steve Garro, great stuff. Thanks for posting. I walked out of a Boise restaurant last week and saw one of your bikes parked outside. You do beautiful work, and it was fun to check out the real thing.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Wow great photo- Steve - I wish I saw that flash flood?..
    Very sad for Floundacker - he must be heart broken.

I am headed to Anchorage for 2 weeks of kayaking adventure. Mostly out of Seward. Hope to see whales, calving glaciers and calm waters in bays. We will do a sea taxi to the Fjord to the west of Seward. Maybe a few nights out camping. Otherwise in a rent a yurt somewhere in Seward. My buddy lives in Anchorage and is the planner. Be back with great adventures hopefully if my health just holds up.
    Alaska is wonderful.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    Steve Garro, great stuff. Thanks for posting. I walked out of a Boise restaurant last week and saw one of your bikes parked outside. You do beautiful work, and it was fun to check out the real thing.
    Cool!
    My family is from up there, ever see the Garro building on Bannock St. in Boise?
    My great-great grandparents settled the valley of the N. fork of the Snake, my GM was born in Teton, ID and my dad in Blackfoot, ID.
    Cool to have random Coconino Cycles sightings, thanks!

That flash flood picture is very cool, Garro. Boy do you have a ton of Idaho roots. You should come home! (Just kidding.)

Thought everyone should know that you if are ever invited to eat Jambalaya at Cajun's house/kitchen you must say "yes." Thanks for the super-tasty dinner on Sunday, Cajun.

My exercise today before doing some work was cutting grass, edging and blowing...roughly 1.5 miles of walking and moving. Have been toast all day since. But better to do it when its 70 instead of the 89 that it is right now.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    That flash flood picture is very cool, Garro. Boy do you have a ton of Idaho roots. You should come home! (Just kidding.)
    I know…….I really do need to, it's been about a decade.

Going out on the off road hand cycle today, took three weeks off it, it thrashes me, but I love it.

Name:  IMG_5020.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  205.9 KB
    Got 4 hrs in - I was buried in ferns at some points!

10 miles in the racing wheelchair - the last 4 in driving rain. I'm feeling a little cold and damp now.

Hi guys, great to read about how everyone is doing. I rode over the coast from my house, yesterday. 61 miles in under four hours, back up through the famous Bandon dunes golf resort. I guess the miles don't really matter, its how long and hard one cranks that counts. Anyway cranked hard for almost four hours. Fun to ride over and see the fog and crashing surf.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Name:  IMG_9626.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  769.6 KBName:  IMG_9650.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  608.6 KB

Another week to go. Auspicious beginning the first night I got there with a rainbow. Second picture is Portage Lake on are way to Whittier, AK.

Wow, Arndog! This takes me back. Whittier is pretty cool and I was fascinated at how people live there year-round. Sounds like a fantastic trip.

Today's workout involved four hours on my feet in the kitchen, a 1.25 hour trawl through Walmart and a half-hour of pilates and yoga stretches. This probably wouldn't impress an AB, but you guys know how hard this kind of lineup can be. The best part was that I could do it, so no complaints here. Need a bit of a rest, though.