Thread: What workout did you do today?

Sounds like you had some excellent adventures in the Clearwater area, Cajun. Have fun in LA. Let me know when you are back in Boise. When I'm down that way I'll try to drop by for a visit. I finally got back on my hybrid bike for a 10 mile ride 4 days ago. Still a lot of ground up gravel on the roads from snow & ice control. Temps are mainly in the 45 degree range. Was definitely out of riding shape.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Knocked out 18 miles on my new Force 2 handcycle today. It's crazy how much easier this thing is compared to my old XLT Pro. After two miles on my old bike my arms would be dead.
    c6/7 complete

3.5 hours on the one-off = I'll post pics.
    We really need to kickstart this forum, I had given up on it by CJ stopped by and encouraged me to participate again, so here I am - Arndog - see you in a few weeks!!!!
    Pray for no wind on our trip(s)!

Steve, I'll try to do my part. My wife and I went on a 55 mile bike ride yesterday, in SW Louisiana, where we are visiting. The scenery is not great here, except for occasionally the wildlife. Here is a photo of Glossy Ibis hunting behind the rice combines. They were having a party. The ride was nice. I was tired afterwards, and the BBQ tasted great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Staying faithful to my twice a week swim practices.

Higher Ground of Sun Valley had four day a backcountry ski camp a couple of
    weeks ago. I joined them on one of the days. Overnight in a yurt and nordic skied 10k
    the next day. If I could ever figure out the monoski, the heli ski day would have been a
    blast!

I don’t post that often but, I do enjoy reading about everyone’s adventures!

Name:  yurt.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  129.6 KB
    1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Good to hear from Justin, Jett, Cajun and Steve! I've tried to hang in here, somewhat. Was getting lonely. I think one reason I hesitate to post is that I've been able to get to the point where I'm doing things I never expected I would do given my SCI. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging when I post what I've been doing. All of your determination to get outdoors, or in to the gym, has helped me tremendously to keep my chin up in the midst of pain, weakness and limitations. Hope you understand.

The biggest news in my life over the last several months is the birth of our first grandson back on Jan 25th. Really stoked about that. Number 2 grandchild is coming this year in August.

Here's what I've been doing lately:

Working and traveling a lot, including flying to Florida to celebrate my parent's 65th wedding anniversary.
    First two bike rides of the season, this last Monday I did 10.5 miles on my hybrid bike. About 60 minutes of riding. I have a LONG way to go to catch up with Cajun. Out of shape on the bike.
    Hiked up my local mountain on Tuesday afternoon, 2.4 miles. Overheated and hurting afterwards. Again, not in great shape.
    Walked the neighborhood on Wed evening: 2 miles.
    Skied hard yesterday, hardest yet...21 runs, 17,700 vertical and 30.6 mph top speed (my fastest has been 35.5). I skied with one of my old ski buddies who dropped off the radar after my injury. He said that he was amazed that I can ski the way I do. That was encouraging to hear.

After skiing though I can barely function! Slept 10 hours last night. Trying to work today...toast.

Here's a picture from March 17th in powder, trees and voodoo shapes underneath.

Name:  Lookout Pow 3-17-14 Resize 2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  42.6 KB
    CCS/Walking Quad

What's the trick for having the picture just appear in the post rather than as a link? Help!
    CCS/Walking Quad

Revis I have the same question. I can't seem to reliably get my photo to appear in the post rather than a link.
    If someone can explain it for use with Apple computer (with safari or firefox browsers) I would greatly appreciate it.

Steve Garro - see you in about a week and a half. Throw in a prayer for not much wind this next week while I am on Lake Powell.

Hey everyone, glad to see you keeping up on it.

I am headed to Lake Powell for a week of kayak camping, paddling, and exploring. Then circle back below the dam to meet up with the Garros for more camping,paddling, and exploring.

Have a great trip, Arndog. Looking forward to seeing pictures. Eat a trout for me!
    CCS/Walking Quad

Back home from Flagstaff, great to meet up with Steve. We worked out together on some 12oz curls. But I did finish off this wood project for a friend with a new baby on the way.

Attachment 54650
    Attached Images Attached Images