Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    another day at the office. 2 days in a row. Good way to celebrate my 12 th accident anniversary Feb 21, 2002.
    Happy anniversary and thank you for your help at this crossroad in my life.

12 years, man that's a long while. Working my not be as fun as kayaking, but at least you can still hold down a decent paying job.
    Love the crystal clear pictures of your many adventures, thanks bud for all you do.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

another day at the office. 2 days in a row. Good way to celebrate my 12 th accident anniversary Feb 21, 2002.
    Looks like we are ON​for the 2nd week of April!

Looks like we are ON for the 2nd week of April - lots of water coming down the Rio right now, 8000-15,000CFS

What a beautiful day here on the coast. 65 degrees and sunny. Nice 20 mile ride with a good friend, then home where I meet up with another friend and went for a 5 mile ride on the trike. My dog bear was so happy, when he sees me put on my clip less shoes he goes nuts. Moped the house to get in some trunk work. Slowly adjusting to being single after so many years together. Life goes on, the sun was out and the frogs are so noisy they make your head spin, spring has sprung for sure.

good job - flying - it must be tough on your own. You are strong to hang in there.

Flying - sounds like you had a great day. SCI hits us from so many angles - physical, psychological, financial, social/relationships. Sorry you're dealing with your most recent change. Seems like you are handling things well.

I started working with a trainer in the pool a couple of weeks ago. Hadn't done much in the water since early in rehab. I think it is going to be good for balance, tone reduction, and range of motion. Hope to have one trainer session a week and one practice session on my own. Wish there were a few more hours each week! Still trying to fit in everything else as well.

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Slowly adjusting to being single after so many years together. Life goes on, the sun was out and the frogs are so noisy they make your head spin, spring has sprung for sure.
    Have meant to chime in with others, Flying, and let you know I've been thinking about your life transition. Really sorry to hear it, but sounds like you are pushing ahead to make the best of it. Good for you! Glad you got some warm days over your way. It's been winter here, but now we're having tons of rain and mid-40s. All the nice snow from the last several weeks is washing away. Hopefully I can get on a bike soon, but want to ski one or two more days before the season is done.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Thanks guys for the supporting words. Life goes on as you all know. Having friends and folks to talk to really helps. Speaking of friends, I'm looking forward to the rain free day tomorrow, and a nice long ride, with my gang. Ever hear the song on the radio that goes "what ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" well we must be one strong bunch. Pushed a mostly full shopping cart around a huge store today for about two hours, pretty good workout. Just goes to show you how much it really pays to keep as strong as possible.

There wasn't any cardiovascular work-out involved but I just spent five days on a 72' yacht sailing around West Wales. I had nine students with me on their "project week" which technically made this work but that is a minor detail. We had a couple of really good days sailing mixed in with the cold and stormy bits so, despite having to be hoisted up and down between the deck and below and having to use a strap on cushion to haul myself around the boat on my backside, which made the experience a bit of an endurance and patience test at times, I will look back on the week with satisfaction and the desire to go again, perhaps at a different time of year.