Thread: What workout did you do today?

You've really made a great comeback, Dan. I know how hard you've worked for it and hope there is more recovery to come for you.

The article gave me a great idea for my brake pedal. I don't use any driving assists, but as the article described, my foot sometimes gets hung up when going from accelerator to brake. It doesn't happen very often but I'd rather it never did. I'm going to look into a larger brake. I've also put one of those velcro mounted puck lights where it can shine on the area near the pedals. When I have trouble, it's usually when it's dark, like a parking garage. It's helped a lot.

You've really made a great comeback, Dan. I know how hard you've worked for it and hope there is more recovery to come for you.

The article gave me a great idea for my brake pedal. I don't use any driving assists, but as the article described, my foot sometimes gets hung up when going from accelerator to brake. It doesn't happen very often but I'd rather it never did. I'm going to look into a larger brake. I've also put one of those velcro mounted puck lights where it can shine on the area near the pedals. When I have trouble, it's usually when it's dark, like a parking garage. It's helped a lot.

Sorry I have been missing - I hate this new format, but I miss you guys!
    I was in Baja for 24 days, kayaked 20! http://coconinocycles.blogspot.com/2...-order-it.html
    And I've got in a few ORHC rides, and have been working like crazy.
    Here's to an injury free 2014!

Steve that's a butt load of pictures. Sure looks like a great time, somebody was making a killing selling Corona beer to you guy's.

Threes years post today. The good, bad and the ugly of SCI for me is, well I guess the good is I'm still alive, and even still getting workable return after all this time. The bad, well that's easy Pain, Pain and more pain. I'm sure Arndog can relate to that, I'm sorry that you can. The ugly is that my marriage is about over and SCI had a big part.

But the sun was out, and it was 62 degrees, and I had a wonderful ride with a friend. Exercise for sanity, keep moving and grooving and stay well my friends

Flying, glad to hear you're getting the good out of this crappy high pressure system that's stuck on the west coast. We've been under a COLD inversion layer with gray everyday and 28 to 33 degrees. Just above the fog is nice sunshine. Would enjoy riding some. Sorry to hear that your marriage has taken a hit. SCI can be hard on relationships, that's for sure. I passed the 3 year mark back on 12-3-13. It's hard to believe it's been that long since my injury. I "think" I'm still making some progress...very hard to tell at times. The pain can be bad for me, too. I'm glad you can gauge that you're still advancing. "Exercise for sanity" is the truth. Keep it up!

Hey Flying, I sent you a pm a few days ago. Have no idea if it got to your box. Posting on this site is a bitch. I feel terrible about your news. You will be okay but I know it's a hard go.

I hear ya, man...........and it never gets any easier - I'm in constant pain.

Sorry again , Flying. Glad you got out. I just got back from three days kayaking below the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River. Perfect for a gimp - slow river, 1 to 2 mph current. Great camping, Hot springs, vapor caves, not many people cause it is winter. Low 40's at night, 68 day time temps. two nights out.

Here is just below the Hoover Dam

One more - I promise this is the last ! But kayak camping for a incomplete para or even a low para is a good thing.