Thread: What workout did you do today?

Fantastic pictures, Steve. Looks like you had a great trip. You caught some nice fish, too...although I can't identify most of them. The larger, long silver fish...was that a sea trout? And, the flat one? Some type of flounder? The sunsets were excellent. Do you travel with a group, or just head out with your wife and dog?

Very freking cool man. Love the leather work, sunsets, beer and dog.
    Thanks

Pretty cold kayaking. .

icicle curtain - so beautiful, once in the boat, I don't feel disabled for a change.

Nice pictures, Arndog. Love the sunny blue-bird CA conditions after the snow, something we seldom get up here in N. ID. It usually stays cloudy and gloomy here. Its so cool that you get out like you do no matter what. On my end I've been working, traveling, fought a horrific cold and walking primarily in my neighborhood for exercise. Did go skiing the opening day back on Nov 21st. Pretty dicey conditions. I might go again this Friday or Saturday. Conditions should be better. Seems like less of us are posting because of the new format. We should start a Facebook page!

Are you all still out there? Seems like a major fallout of activity here since CCC was changed. I'm still pushing through the pain and weakness. Was able to ski last Sunday. 16 runs this time. Second day out on the slopes. Much better snow this time although the back side of the mountain is still sketchy. Skied with the ski area's technical director who offered some tips. I made the adjustments he suggested. Then he watched me ski and said, "You are skiing very well. I would never know that you've suffered an injury." Wow. That was cool to hear. In spite of the pain and weirdness in my body I have enough control that I can fool most people. Honestly, I feel like I have more control of my skis than I do my feet when walking. It's the difference between a more isometric pushing kind of activity and actual manipulation of the legs and feet. Now if I can get my upper back, neck, feet and hands to stop hurting all the time. That would be nice, but I'm taking what I've been given.

Still here. Congratulations on the nice words from your skiing partner.

I feel like I'm out of the groove - I'm still competing in powerlifting, but haven't really been training consistently or cross training. I've got all kinds of excuses for that, but that's all they are, excuses.