Thread: What workout did you do today?

No Title

Nice cruise over to the ocean at Charleston. Got to lap up as much sun shine as possible before the rains come. (or snow if your live in Idaho) This ride is on the internationally marked map of the rout down the west coast, so you run into the long haul riders. Stopped to talk to a British women, with about 80 pounds of gear, and the first think see said was "are there any more of these fucking hill between here and Bandon". Its ease to see how people would think that the coast rout would be kind of flat, after all it follows the supper flat ocean. The reality that there is almost no flat ground (road) along the coast can be a real eye opener, but it makes for great views.

Three days kayak paddling and fishing with Steve Garro and his better half this week. Kind of cool to have met someone through Care Cure Forum, get together, and have a great time - two paraplegics enjoying kayak camping and traveling away from pavement into arguably one of the most beautiful canyons around, Glen Canyon. Two able bodied folks along which made things easier (although nothing is really easy getting around all day without wheelchairs). We had a great time paddling, fishing, and generally chilling out on the Colorado RIver below Lake Powell/Glen Canyon Dam. Garro makes an incredible breaded trout fish taco with all the fixings and we all took part in the production. There was solid paddling each day, full moon, wildlife -- now this is the ultimate distraction for chronic pain - I highly recommend this.

Just another photo of Garro (in the blue tandem boat) and his dog sporting the pink life preserver. I am on crutches and my friend is on the sand bar too.

Great to hear about you two paddling together. Sounds like you had some really good fun together. So glad to hear it, and I would love to taste the tacos.

Wow that sounds great. Glad you two, (or three) got together and are having some good times. What a treat. And the river setting sounds fantastic. What a pretty place.

Lots of Pilates these days. I've been working in half hour sessions as soon as I get home from work...before I can change my mind. It hasn't led to better walking or balance as of yet but I feel more glued together. I throw in traeadmill, walk aerobics or general lurching about the house at least five times a week. I feel like I have regained a decent level of fitness. Not so sore or tired all of a sudden.

No Title

It was super great!
    We'll go again in the spring, for sure.

I thought it might be a good idea to come back to this thread and just say I am still doing my doctor prescribed 50mins of exersize 4 days a week. I have now varied it to 25mins handcycle (thats about 2200 revolutions), 17 minutes of light handweights done quickly (mainly as more cardio). To complete the 50 minutes my friend's wife is a personal trainer and put me onto this "Tabata" concept where you alternate between 20 seconds flat out exersize then 10 seconds slow exersize. I chose to do this using my handcycle and it is perfect, it takes 4 minutes to do this and at the end of it i am pretty knackered and sweating. I was about 3 weeks into this regime when I posted on this thread and I have not missed a week of this exersize regime since.

I still am off raw sugar in my cups of tea. I am being very careful with what and how much I am eating and i have pretty much cut drinking beer right back to...hmm like 2 stubbies a month!!. I still get urges to eat chips and stuff and last week at a wedding I had 4 beers. On that, I had to wear a shirt to this wedding and I pulled out my favourite that I hadnt worn since christmas and damn me it looks like my pot belly is shrinking!. I'm feelin' great!!

No Title

Some pics from the Temecula Valley Century earlier this month. I did the 51 mile course and finished 33rd out of 104 riders. Great experience!

Keep up the good work, Wahwah!