Thread: What workout did you do today?

Fellow trail users out as well.

Steve I think Osa is saying come on what's the hold up here, I suppose you answer back, give me a break I'm older an more beat up then you. Looks like Osa is staying small enough to take boating.

Well its been a great week of working out. Lots of leg work, and yes they are still getting stronger, but pretty slowly. Because of the pore weather, I did a lot of 8 mile rides up the local hill. About 30 minuets of the ride is full on panting and grunting with high heart rate. Turns out that this is, for me anyway, way better at building up ones cardio and stamina, then the longer slower rides, and because its so short you can do a lot more with your shoulders afterwards. Then two fast as I can longer rides, feels great. Finally getting hot out west.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Today was our local sprint triathlon. This is the event that really got me doing sports - everyone in my family except me was doing this triathlon every year. Now the kids are gone, and my husband had shoulder surgery a couple of months ago, and so I was the only family member represented! Things can change so much - if you'd asked me 10 years ago if I'd be doing a triathlon today, I'd have said, "Heck no, I've got MS, I can't do that kind of thing."

Went to Boise this weekend and swam with the Vet’s both days.
    Sat - 300yd warm up, then finished the hour with small paddles and pull bouy for a non-stop pull.
    Sun – 100yd warm up, then (9) 200yd pulls with 20 second breaks in between.
    Going to have some sore spots tomorrow!

Congrats Katja! A sprint triathlon is on my bucket list! Need to figure out the run portion.
    1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

kayaked tahoe today. Really love the freedman of this sport... Great workout for low paras and also doable for high T4s. Handcycle is collecting dust.
    Please change the settings if you can to 1080p in high def and big screen. We paddled around large granite boulders which is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    kayaked tahoe today. Really love the freedman of this sport... Great workout for low paras and also doable for high T4s. Handcycle is collecting dust.
    Yeah, huh?
    You're camo until you crawl out of the boat.

My ride tonight finished off my first 1000 miles on the Catrike! Took me 9 months, but I'll still take it. Also had 2 surgeries and the Winter to deal with over that time frame.

Arndog - loved the video. That paddle is cool.

Katja - way to go on the sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan F View Post
    My ride tonight finished off my first 1000 miles on the Catrike! Took me 9 months, but I'll still take it.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan F View Post

Katja - way to go on the sprint!
    Thank you!

I want to let you all know that your post about your exercise routines and activities inspired me to get to the gym myself. I had a spinal stroke Feb of 2013 at C7 to T1. I have an incomplete injury and have been blessed with a lot of return since my stroke. I am able to walk with a single offset cane for short distances. To my surprise I was able to walk on the treadmill for longer distances. I am able to walk 35 mins on the treadmill now and I am able to use some weight machines. I am almost 66 years old and without your examples I never would have gotten myself active again. Thank you and congratulations on all of your accomplishments. I admire all of you.

Bought a cream puff '87 Pugueot Hybrid style bicycle. Did my first ride yesterday. Maybe about 6 miles. So stoked to be back out cruising and not on a trike. It came with mountain bike tires already on it and a pair of city slickers. I am going to switch to the city tires to make riding a little smoother. Hoping to build up to some good distances.

Been out surfing a couple times this past week. We are supposed to get a swell this Saturday. I am so ready. The new fish style board is perfect for knee surfing, but the waves have been lacking so I haven't had a chance to really try it out.

I am trying to stay out of the gym as much as I can. I plan to do my balance routine 3 or 4 days a week, bike and surf. Love summer!