Thread: What workout did you do today?

Katja, it's time for Bolder Boulder again? I'm sure you're well prepared. I hope you do well and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by truly View Post
    Katja, it's time for Bolder Boulder again? I'm sure you're well prepared. I hope you do well and have fun!
    Thanks, truly!

I'm not well-prepared at all, thanks to so much business travel since January, but I'm also not too stressed.

I am very interested in seeing how my switch to lifting heavy weights starting this past January affects my racing form. Wheelchair racing seems to be much more a power (or maybe mixed) sport, unlike running, which is primarily an endurance sport. I did go out and push the course last week, and maybe it was my imagination, but the hills didn't seem quite as steep as they did last year :-).

Katja your race chair looks great, good luck with your race.

Steve looks great out there in the great outdoors, and I bet you pooch is supper happy to get to go along.

Jett you got me all jazzed up to go swimming when the local pool opens up for summer.

Arndog man that looks so neat paddling in the bay, way cool.

My brother showed up so after riding up my local hill faster then I have ever gone the day before, I just could not resist on riding up there to the top with him. He got to take the trike and was falling asleep at the wheel until we hit the hill, that woke him up.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Team Boulder

The race went really well. The weather was perfect.

Here's the local "team".

Today was a holiday at work so, I went up and swam with the local master’s group this morning.
    I wished I had that kind of speed!

Cajun, I am going to swim with the Boise group on Saturday. You should join us for some cross training.
    Dan, At the pool you get to change body position every 25 yards. My biggest worry is cramping my back muscles after time goes on.
    Flying, I have found that it’s good to mix it up and not burn yourself out on one sport.
    Katja, Solid advice! Congrats on your 10k push! I have always wanted to give the racing chair a try but, have never had access to one.

Just put my Broadside Harbor open water entry form in the mail.
    Let the ANXIETY begin!
    1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

My work out today was weed whacking and raking leaves. 3 hours with no assistive device. I am whooped. My lower back and hip area on my left side is on fire.

Had my first surf Saturday morning. I couldn't wait any longer. Wore a 3/2mm wettie and boots. Water temps are mid fifties but I managed well. Definitely needed the cruitches afterward. Waist to stomach high clean swell with offshore winds. So much fun to be back in the water.

Got my old mountain bike in the shop to tune up for riding this summer. I think my summer rehab will be bike riding, surfing, balance exercises, and I am going to try to start some plyometric stuff.

You guys keep kicking ass. Love the pictures.

My work out today was weed whacking and raking leaves. 3 hours with no assistive device. I am whooped. My lower back and hip area on my left side is on fire.

Had my first surf Saturday morning. I couldn't wait any longer. Wore a 3/2mm wettie and boots. Water temps are mid fifties but I managed well. Definitely needed the crutches afterward. Waist to stomach high clean swell with offshore winds. So much fun to be back in the water.

Got my old mountain bike in the shop to tune up for riding this summer. I think my summer rehab will be bike riding, surfing, balance exercises, and I am going to try to start some plyometric stuff.

You guys keep kicking ass. Love the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jett View Post
    Dan, At the pool you get to change body position every 25 yards. My biggest worry is cramping my back muscles after time goes on.
    Another good reason to add stretch and glide to your stroke, take it slower than you would in the pool.

I have always wanted to give the racing chair a try but, have never had access to one.
    Getting to try one is tricky. They're even scarcer on the ground than handcycles, and it's really no good if it doesn't fit you fairly well. I hung around the periphery of our track program for about a year before just going ahead and buying one, because I couldn't find any way to try it out (there were plenty of child-size chairs...).

Just put my Broadside Harbor open water entry form in the mail.
    Let the ANXIETY begin!
    Deep breaths. It's going to be AWESOME!

Rode my new bike 30 miles on Friday. I'm signed up for http://mammoth2bishop.com on June 15th. Should be fun!

3+ hours on tough trails.