Thread: What workout did you do today?

Swam my mile this morning. Feeling pretty comfortable with the distance but, would like to drop some time off it.
    1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

Crutch walked with dogs and wife.
    Good articles. Steve. I am going to try the one foot tiller mechanism with a sawed off short stumpy tiller that I can put my kayak booty on and give it one more college try before going to the front deck hand control. The good news is I feel stable in a 22 inch beam boat and I can get this monster of a boat on my roof rack by myself.

Don't let Mother's Day get in the way of your workout everyone!

Good articles. Steve. I am going to try the one foot tiller mechanism with a sawed off short stumpy tiller that I can put my kayak booty on and give it one more college try before going to the front deck hand control. The good news is I feel stable in a 22 inch beam boat and I can get this monster of a boat on my roof rack by myself.

Don't let Mother's Day get in the way of your workout everyone!

I handcycled with my husband and the dog yesterday morning, then dropped them off at the house and went for a longer ride.

Track practice this afternoon. Good luck to everyone who is at the Warrior Games!

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Good articles. Steve. I am going to try the one foot tiller mechanism with a sawed off short stumpy tiller that I can put my kayak booty on and give it one more college try before going to the front deck hand control.
    Maybe a push/pull mechanism to go right/left?
    the Inuit & Aleutes never developed rudders......
    We have boats with/without.
    I don't use one, but my next boat (here we go......already have seven paddleboats) will be a 16'er with a retractable skeg for weathercocking......

Out of here for five days kayaking on the Rio Colorado as soon as it's light enough to drive.

First ride this season on the One-Off mountain bike . Rode roughly two miles (two hours) out Adams Gulch before hitting the trail closed (snow/mud) sign.
    The standard MB bridges are to narrow for the One-Off and had to use the equestrian crossings. Note to self....snow melt creeks are a little high and frosty in the middle of May!

Going to be a little sore tomorrow but, thanks to conditioning from swimming it shouldn’t be to bad!
    1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

A mile on the treadmill, 300 ab crunches, 90 hamstring curls and lots of stretching. We traveled to visit two mothers today and felt very grateful to have these lovely moms still in our lives.

Rode both bikes two days in a row, fun in the 80 degree sun. Went to a friends in town on my hand cycle and pulled myself up and managed to walk by holding on to whatever I could, up two steps and U walked across the living room. This is without AFOs or hand crutches. Guess the last two years of constant leg workouts and cramps and sore muscles is starting to pay some dividends.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Wow, Flying, that's some great progress!

My workout today was life, itself...full day of work and meetings from one corner to the next in our large office building. Then, a trip to the garden center and craft store. I earned a Starbucks, for sure!
    Last edited by truly; 05-13-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: argh! typing on a phone!

Paddled Lake Tahoe - Tahoe Keys at a friend's dock to Emerald Bay - 15 miles - pretty big wind with white caps. It was a blast and a great workout. Good job everyone. There is Mout Tallac in the background - with the snow 'iron cross'. There are two CF paddles, one standard with small blade and a greenland paddle. Now this is good access to Tahoe...

Flying, if your AFOs are off, don't you have foot drop? Do you just pick up your feet or is your dorsi/plantar flexion loss only partial?

Truly - we will have to go to Starbucks together someday after a walk.