Thread: What workout did you do today?

way to go revis, looking forward to seeing you again.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Stoked Revis!

Nice - Revis. I don't see anyone else in that photo. Are you at Sun Valley? Looks like you have it all to yourself. Nice. Coverage looks good. Can you find someone to get a picture or video of you skiing?

I miss gravity based skiing. We had T shirts Skiing=Life . I had 6 years post injury of monoskiing. This is back in the day...

And this is from able bodied really way back in the day. I can't even remember this far back - over 12 years. [ It is a poser type picture but the colors are good ] ugggh Wow - same hat....

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Nice - Revis. I don't see anyone else in that photo. Are you at Sun Valley? Looks like you have it all to yourself. Nice. Coverage looks good. Can you find someone to get a picture or video of you skiing?

I miss gravity based skiing. We had T shirts Skiing=Life . I had 6 years post injury of monoskiing. This is back in the day...
    Thanks guys for the encouragement. I know it's a real privilege to have enough balance and control to be able to get back on the hill some, even if it's not at the same level of skiing as in the past. I'm not taking this for granted.

Arndog, this is Lookout Pass Ski Area on the ID/MT border just off I-90 up here in N. Idaho (a long ways north of Sun Valley...8 hours driving or more). At this time of year you can have a whole run to yourself. I skied that steeper, long blue run twice and never saw another person on it yesterday!

Lookout is a small, low-key local hill with only four chair lifts. It has 1,150' vertical and nicely designed runs. It's one of the oldest ski hills in all of N. America. Still runs a free learn to ski school for kids. Mostly locals ski it, and many of the free heelers head out to the backcountry from the top. It gets a ton of snow every year and I've had some fantastic powder days here. I chose it as the hill to return to because it's so convenient and inexpensive. You literally pull of I-90 into the parking lot. I just bought a seniors seasons pass for $129. I've already skied 3 days on it, which means I've almost paid it off as compared to buying day passes. And I have all of next season to ski with it. www.skilookout.com has more info, and its a nice web site. I'll post two more pictures, one looking into MT and another looking down on the front side on the ID side.

I got hurt at Silver Mountain which is closer and quite a bit larger. But I don't like the way the mountain is run. Plus I would have to endure a 25 minute gondola ride up from the parking lot and I think that would wear me out. I've got lots of great memories from skiing there, though.

Schweitzer Mtn is the big local resort, now larger than Sun Valley. It's 45 miles north of where I live out of Sandpoint, ID. There's also 49 Degrees North and Spokane Mountain. All good skiing and close.

Almost forgot...I'm not skiing with anyone so getting a video will be a challenge. Probably not this year, but maybe next year. My ski buddy I used to ski with has been sidelined due to hip replacement.

In that picture you look great riding that sit-ski. That looks VERY challenging. I'm sure you miss it all, your AB days of skiing as well as the DB downhill aspect of it. At the same time you are inspiring all of us to do what we can with what abilities we have through all of your pursuits, and for that I'm grateful!!! (Sorry for the long post...)
    CCS/Walking Quad

Here's a picture of Lookout Pass Ski Area on the Idaho side looking down on I-90. This was a mix of chunks and powder on a nice day back in 2008. Skiable but tricky.

Thanks for the nice picture of powder skiing back in your AB days, Arndog. That was a bluebird beautiful day!
    CCS/Walking Quad

Ok.... if we are posting ski pics. Unlike some of you guys, I never skied standing up.

Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Nice picture, My 395. Impressive carving, too.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Laying it down 395! I tried sit ski this winter. Hurt my arse really bad. I felt like I was still squished into that bucket for days. Maybe the ski wasn't a good fit.

It was super fun though and I was cruising groomers my first day. How long did it take you to get to point where you were able cruise on your own?

Revis - that is a great picture with all that new snow in the trees at a small local ski hill without a bizillion people to eat it up in one hour like Squaw Valley around here. I am going to the bay area to pick up a Craig's list new (23 yr old) Seda Glider kayak. Steve, is shaking his head right now because this only goes straight and is not a fishing kayak. But it is 19 ft long and narrow and fast. It was cheap so I will give it a try once healed up from hernia surgery in a few weeks.