Page 38 of 497 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAgain View Post
    ok I have been working on my bike riding and here is the dilemma
    my balance was better than I expected when I got on but with my KAFO on I couldn't bend my leg enough to get the pedal all the way around - even passively. We raised the seat as high as we could that still allowed me to put my foot on the ground. I could surprisingly enough pedal 4 or 5 times standing up so I believe if it weren't for the brace limiting me I could ride the bike.
    I took the KAFO off and could then pedal the bike but could not keep my balance. I kept falling to the left (which is my better side). Every 2nd or 3rd rotation I would lose my balance to the left and be unable to regain it and have to put my foot down.
    I looked at Canadian Tire for training wheels but only found really small kiddie ones. I will keep looking.
    Wow Alex you keep going for it don't you - Sometimes just knowing there is someone else "irrationally " dedicated to maximizing their recovery is the fuel needed to keep trying so I'm always glad to read your progress...

It's great to read about everyone's progress !!

I'll be more careful in the future Mom

rode my one-off for 2.75 hrs. on singletrack. up-up-up, then down-down-down. ripping singletrack on the handcycle rocks. getting my shoulders ready for all day big mtn rides this summer. feeling good, loosening up.......check out my blog link for pics. scroll down........Steve.

today
    3 hour nordic sitski - day 52 for the season. Skied with Throslikeagirl who is quite strong (for a girl) and the snow was firm enough we didn't stick to the trails but could go 'off-piste'. Life can be good and today was one of those days. I have my sights on 60 ski days now. The numbers, of course, don't matter, but it is fun to have a goal.

No snow here now (how great puh) –took a trip down to the oceanfront and got a good smell of that sea tangle and ocean smell. -Let snow go away and let me swim the fjords… stupid snow.

As fuente says;
    also, if your exercising hard go w/ animal paks, best bang 4 your buck. just one pack per day.
    Summer bang!
    Last edited by Leif; 04-02-2009 at 07:08 PM.

AlexAgain, how's the cycling going? Check out FatWheels for adult training wheels. I found them effective for balance & enable focusing on my feet pedaling, hard to turn with however. Good luck! http://www.fatwheels.com/

No time lately for a decent workout, and I'm feeling it : ( Must swim or xc ski soon!

Heavy Rack pulls last night, shot for 425 lbs and choked but still did a decent 405 for 3, followed by smith machine presses and standing rows. Cardio and ab work this AM. Having more and more hip pain issues so offthe treadmill and using the Spinnaker system for stationary recumbent.

Waiting to hear from Blaze Sports about track practice and my first "Team in Training" meeting is the 26th.

Then next fall shoot for my first BB show in spring '10. Jason Greer is GOD and Geno is his High Priest.

Brock

Nice Cave. You mention that you are having more and more hip pain. Pain originating from the spine like radiculopathy can present as hip or buttocks pain. I hope your pain isn't coming from your back and spine. But if it worsens, it may be something to consider....
    Keep up the good work.
    jon

I'm doing bupkus

I am sooo frustrated. Incomplete L3-4-5 Cauda Equina. When I exercise get an immediate increase in length and severity of clonus, spasms and spastic episodes. The increase in baseline pain is tolerable but when I get the rest it is dreadful.

increasing walking and bicycle very slowly 10 minutes bike, same for walking in more than a slow amble.

keep trying new meds but no luck so far.

bill

greer is a big boy. better start supplementing more now thou) and yes geno is his princess.

great attitude brock, rock on

Quote Originally Posted by cavemuscle View Post
    Heavy Rack pulls last night, shot for 425 lbs and choked but still did a decent 405 for 3, followed by smith machine presses and standing rows. Cardio and ab work this AM. Having more and more hip pain issues so offthe treadmill and using the Spinnaker system for stationary recumbent.

Waiting to hear from Blaze Sports about track practice and my first "Team in Training" meeting is the 26th.

Then next fall shoot for my first BB show in spring '10. Jason Greer is GOD and Geno is his High Priest.

Brock
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer