Thread: What workout did you do today?

Big congrats to you, Arndog. The scenery throughout the day must have been amazing. Didn't look like it was hot at all. Nice time of year to go.

Loved the video and pictures. Thanks.
    Last edited by Revis; 03-22-2013 at 12:33 AM.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Arndog Cool video of an unbelievable hike, way to get the absolute most you can out of what you have. What a great place to go for a very very long crutch hike.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Got in Nine miles of kayaking - here is Mrs Garro with our 15 week old dog.

Great photo. Are you taking this from another IK in the eddy. She's got the dog and more importantly the cooler. I can't wait to get my IK (is that a NRS bandit?) on Class one and two and two and a half class water.

I had elective inguinal hernia surgery 3 days ago - two days after the GC crutch hike so I am sidelined for 1.5 months. I can still cheer everyone on ! !

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Great photo. Are you taking this from another IK in the eddy. She's got the dog and more importantly the cooler. I can't wait to get my IK (is that a NRS bandit?) on Class one and two and two and a half class water.
    Yep - you nailed it.
    I think it's a bandit II - the double, but with the seats arranged for a single x more flotation and baggage - you can take them down the Salt, Verde, Animas - all that.
    They go way above class II - D. paddled that one down most of the Grand Canyon inc. some class 8's (GC has it's own scale going to 10) She drew the line on the biggies: Houserock, Hance, Lava, Crystal.
    She swam all of Serpentine..............!

On my last GC rowing trip last spring we had a guy who was blind - mosly colors, shadows, with fish eye vision - I guess he could see focus at the center, far away (!!!) and he NAILED rowing the Duckie down the GC.
    He did take some swims............but, we had to tell him to stop smiling or he would sunburn his gums!
    Duckies rock.

Hey Steve How many time did your wife whack that dog in the head with the middle of her paddle. I bet the little guy was happy as a clam just to get to go.

Arndog I can just see you laying on your back recuperating, while your lifting weights with your arms. I guess are saying around here is, just keep doing what ever you can to keep moving. Great video, amazing how far you can go on your sidesticks.

Yesterday finally talked my friend into going riding with me. He has not rode a bike in years and is about 35 pounds over weight. He made it 9 miles up the local hill and back. Its a little different to have to wait for an AB rider going up hill.
    Took 3 hours worth of breaks from my butt by standing at the back of the couch, and this is what leg work I did while there, of course a lot of my weight is on my arms.

1400 one leg Minny squats
    150 pull legs back and out
    150 legs strait back with gluts
    120 two legged squats 25 of these are to maximum pull
    360 stand up strait and pull hips side to side

Sure is sweet to have both sides of my upper legs starting to work, but 25 months of full on atrophy makes it a challenging, but fun endeavor.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Flying - sometimes being injured can give a buddy a little kick in the butt to get out there and make better use of their properly functioning body. Might as well have some good come of the whole ordeal - and sometimes I guess we need to remember what it's like to leave someone in the dust

By the way, I think you asked me a while back about getting back into the air for the first time since my accident: It was the scariest thing I have ever done, and then the moment I was back in free fall it all came back like riding a bike and I started laughing.

I also ran a mile today nonstop for the first time, and to my surprise I was able to do it in about 13.5 minutes. That's been another giant milestone (one of those milestones the PT explicitly told me to forget about, btw), and it took about three and a half months to go from just 50 meters feeling like death, to where I am now.

Keep it up everyone!
    L2 incomplete with a pretty bad limp since 10/31/2011.

Spent today roaming the sidelines coaching lax. We had two games. I warmed up the goalie. I am getting around much better. Wish i could say the same about the bladder.

The yelling from the sideline caused me to pee myself pretty good. Whatever. I just went on like nothing happened and dealt with it. It is what it is. Just one of those things.

Had a two hour practice yesterday. I do fine at practice. I guess at practice I can blow the whistle and coach and not have to yell. In the game you really have to yell so the kids can hear you over everyone else.

In all my triumph it has to rear its ugly head every now and again. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by shveddy View Post
    It was the scariest thing I have ever done, and then the moment I was back in free fall it all came back like riding a bike and I started laughing.

I also ran a mile today nonstop for the first time, and to my surprise I was able to do it in about 13.5 minutes. That's been another giant milestone (one of those milestones the PT explicitly told me to forget about, btw), and it took about three and a half months to go from just 50 meters feeling like death, to where I am now.

Keep it up everyone!
    Way to go shveddy. To run an entire mile post-injury is BIG. Excellent.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Quote Originally Posted by shveddy View Post
    Flying - sometimes being injured can give a buddy a little kick in the butt to get out there and make better use of their properly functioning body. Might as well have some good come of the whole ordeal - and sometimes I guess we need to remember what it's like to leave someone in the dust

By the way, I think you asked me a while back about getting back into the air for the first time since my accident: It was the scariest thing I have ever done, and then the moment I was back in free fall it all came back like riding a bike and I started laughing.

Keep it up everyone!
    Wow man, that's amazing. What has been the timeline of your progression? did you spend any time in a chair?