Page 34 of 497 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I have been skiing all my life except the last 13 years so I have been skiing many years post SCI. But since the sitskis are so expencive here, I can't afford it, I have never tried. And this rehab is the only place it is possible to borrow sitskis. It is no place to hire and no place to buy used. If I was under 26, I could have got it, but I am not. The only way to try to get is to say I want to go skiing with my 12 year old but I think it is difficult. But he is not so good skiing because he doesn't have anybody to ski with so he is one of the few children here without ski. I only need to drive 10 minutes to find a place to ski, because it is forrest all around Oslo and a lot of ski tracks for nordic skiing. We use to take the train out of Oslo when I was small and then ski all the way home to the house. That is not possible the way I live now, but still possible to the place I grew up. My daughter use the same track when she is skiing. She loves to ski but not with a small brother behind
    No problem if you want to try sit-ski, see page 26.

Great job , Leif. You are an inspiration to others !
    Today -
    sitski 2 hours.

got in 3 hours of off-road handcycling a few days ago. hard! been off the bike & on the ski & paddle. the one-off is much harder then both. hope to go paddling/fishing on the colorado river tues/wed, weather allowing..........Steve.

snowshoe (slowshoe) up Hawk's Peak 1200 ft climb - 3 hours
    What about you, Garro?

Getting over a bad uti so today was my 1st workout in a week ...

cuff weights for biceps & forearm - then arm bike for 1 hour

damn UTI!
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

I've been sick for a while (simple cold). I hate taking it easy, but when i push the activity level, I start to feel ill again. it's frustrating..
    what do you guys do when you're only about 70%?

If you push too hard when sick, it will take longer to recover. I don't think there is any harm in doing very easy workouts. Stationary bike at low resistance, stretching, stuff like that. Sometimes it is better to just rest and wait till you feel better.
    I hope that feeling better comes soon for you. Have you continued to upright nordic ski?
    Big T - UTIs definitely shut you down. Plus they jack up my neuropathic leg pain....
    Glad you are back at it though....

thanks arn - I hate how run down / unmotivated they make me! one day i couldnt even get out of bed - now I just have to push harder to get back where i was!
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    snowshoe (slowshoe) up Hawk's Peak 1200 ft climb - 3 hours
    What about you, Garro?
    Not much to report from here today, eat a huge rib-steak, just to keep my intestines up running and busy. But the prime rib was mmmm. Anyhow keep up walking in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    What about you, Garro?
    just got back from two days kayaking on the colorado river. pushing the tandem upriver against 13,000 CFS is a good workout. i'll link a blog post tonight. gotta finish b-fast and go work. Steve.